News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Raderstudios Edmontosaurus

Started by Dr. Brad, September 27, 2012, 03:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Brad

Finally finished my 1/20 scale Raderstudios Edmontosaurus annectens (I think that's the intended species). It was "almost done" for several months. It's the last of Jon's kits I've had in my stash! Comments welcome.

Himmapaan

Beautiful. I have one too, still waiting to be built and painted.

You have to love the 'sky-high' tail carriage from the time when hadrosaur shoulders were placed too high in reconstructions, resulting in this tipped-forward look. You can see it in many of Greg Paul's skeletals from the time, too. Of course, this one is especially so because its forelimbs are also flexed.

Dan

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 27, 2012, 03:40:47 AM

You have to love the 'sky-high' tail carriage from the time when hadrosaur shoulders were placed too high in reconstructions, resulting in this tipped-forward look. You can see it in many of Greg Paul's skeletals from the time, too. Of course, this one is especially so because its forelimbs are also flexed.

Interesting... I don't think I've noticed this; was this around 10-20 years ago? This one does look kind of like a Nike logo, but as you said, somewhat exaggerated because of the posture.

martin garratt

Very nice Brad.
I must get round to re-doing my pair of Jon's Edmontos sometime.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Dan on September 27, 2012, 05:42:03 AM

Interesting... I don't think I've noticed this; was this around 10-20 years ago? This one does look kind of like a Nike logo, but as you said, somewhat exaggerated because of the posture.

Yes, it was continued as recently as within the last decade or so. Scott Hartman also mentions it in his Parasaurolophus skeletal revision. There are even a few remnants of the sky-high-tail skeletals in Paul's Field Guide, but I wish I knew where to look online for more obvious examples to show you.

postsaurischian

Beautiful. I have one too, still waiting to be built and painted.

:o ..... :)  cool! Would love to see your version.

........................ still no Rader model in my collection :'(.

............... but that day will come! >:D

Dr. Brad

Thanks all. And very interesting reading about how the skeletons are reconstructed and how that affects tail carriage...

ataraxus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.