News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

wow, that Camarasaurus repaint up there is amazing! It really brings out the detail!
like a bantha!

smashtoad

It is amazing to me how a nice paint job can take a figure that I considered sub-par and elevate it to something altogether different.  Thanks for the inspiration...It never occurred to me that under some crappy mass-produced paint job are some really good sculpts.

I'm going to try to repaint my Safari Postosuchus, and if that goes well, my Kaprosuchus.  I love the sculpts, but the paint is horrible.

I'll bet the Schleich kentrosaurus would be beautiful with good paint as well.  I don't need another hobby, believe me, but this looks like a ton of fun.

Tyto_Theropod

It is indeed a ton of fun! I have just finished my first non-chinasaur piece, a Carnegie 2014 Tyrannosaurus, which is sitting on the table as I speak. I couldn't be more satisfied with how it came out. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

copper

Hi, just to let you all know, I posted a message on a member's board thread that should explain things a bit.

empire3569

I am sorry for the hard year you had, but am glad to see you posting again on the forum :) I would not not agree that your reputation has gone at all; I don't think that anyone here including myself would think any less of your wonderful repaints just because of things like that. I always enjoyed seeing your repaints, and hope that we will continue to see them :)

postsaurischian

This thread definitely needed to be revived. Welcome back, Noora! We love your colours :)!

Megalosaurus

Sorry for your past year, happy for having you back.
When someone hit the bottom there's only one way to go: UP.

Welcome back.
I never stopped to check if you have posted something new. You have serious talent.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Paleogene Pals

No worries, we all hit difficult points in our lives that slow us down. Glad to see you are pushing through and getting back into things. Welcome back! I keep thinking of sending you a few of my models to be painted, just keep getting too busy to actually send anything. But, I will. You have serious talent!

Tyto_Theropod

Welcome back, and I am extremely sad to hear that you had such a rough time. You are definitely in my thoughts. It will be good to see your amazing work again, but please don't overdo it just for us. Take your time, look after yourself and make sure you can get back on your feet first. All the best to you for the future.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

copper

Hi everyone,

I just want to thank you all for your kind words, they mean much to me.
While I know my problems aren't going anywhere, I've at least been able to start painting again and being active here on the forum. And so you can expect new photos soon!

Archinto

Your artwork is awesome! The concavenator is probably pne of my favorites of yours. Excellent paint jobs i am really impressed! Do you primarily use an airbrush along with some hand painted details? Ive found handbrushing the models is a long and tedious process.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

copper

Quote from: Archinto on December 10, 2016, 09:29:44 PM
Your artwork is awesome! The concavenator is probably pne of my favorites of yours. Excellent paint jobs i am really impressed! Do you primarily use an airbrush along with some hand painted details? Ive found handbrushing the models is a long and tedious process.

Thank you for your kind words!
Actually I don't own airbrushes, and don't even consider ever using one. Every single model is painted with traditional brushes. I enjoy painting models with them, on few of the models I've used dry pastel dust with acrylics to achieve specific effects.

Archinto

Dry pastel dust eh? Interesting. I'd never thought to use those before. I can see how they'd be handy. Got an example of this effect in use on a figure? Id like to see it. :)

I enjoy using a brush too, but can see the ease of having an airbrust to do the base coloring faster. I just finished my cotylorhynchus today and did it all by brush. Came out decent I think, definitely the most flamboyant color scheme ive done on a figure.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

copper

Quote from: Archinto on December 14, 2016, 03:23:42 AM
Dry pastel dust eh? Interesting. I'd never thought to use those before. I can see how they'd be handy. Got an example of this effect in use on a figure? Id like to see it. :)

I enjoy using a brush too, but can see the ease of having an airbrust to do the base coloring faster. I just finished my cotylorhynchus today and did it all by brush. Came out decent I think, definitely the most flamboyant color scheme ive done on a figure.

I've never used an airbrush, all my work is done with traditional brushes. In the past I've mostly used dry pastel on horse models, but the most recent dinosaur ones are the Favorite Apatosaurus and the Carnegie Camarasaurus (darker brown shades and feet (previous page)). Here are two photos of one horse with the dry pastel, though the horse is not finished yet: photo 1 photo 2

Stegotyranno420

Really epic repaints!

So how does your system work?
Do i give you the figure which you repaint or you get the figure and the paint.
And on average how much does it cost
Also heres and begginer repaint i did, hope you like it, and can you tell me what i should change(this is just a bootleg with old paint applied by crappy brushes, no fancy stuff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt4LSyARrXo

SidB

This is an old thread - it is very likely that you won't be able to get a response as there is a lot of history here, unfortunately.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on July 10, 2020, 04:26:40 AM
This is an old thread - it is very likely that you won't be able to get a response as there is a lot of history here, unfortunately.
Okay

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.