News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Large unknown playset for sale, $200 OBRO

Started by ReMarxist, July 22, 2020, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReMarxist

I have no idea what this is or what it's worth. I am the original owner, but, I cannot recall the name. I got it at Toys R Us in the 80's. I lost a cardboard backdrop in recent years (D'oh!) and at some point a couple cavemen were lost. I still at least have one of each pose but it came with two of each. I loved the caves and the cavemen in this set. I bought it for the sceenry/cavemen. The dinos are hollow, one point of articulation, and a hole in their bellies for you to put them on your thumb and thumb wrestle with them. A weird action feature if ever there was one. I didn't used the dinos much. Mostly, I played with this using my Superior and Whitehall Marxes. Good times.

Libraraptor

It looks like molded plastic prehistoric men -Marx style -  and ugly cheaposaurs had been thrown together. At first I didnĀ“t think of them belonging to the same set. That thumb-thing is weird, I must admit, and I think the whole set has a certain charm.

CityRaptor

Yeah, I would say the cavemen ( Neanderthals? ) are clearly the better made things in this set compared to the dinosaurs (...and Dimetrodon ). And this is coming from someone who has no interest in collecting prehistoric mammals.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.