News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Youtube & COPPA

Started by DinoToyForum, November 26, 2019, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 03, 2020, 07:23:40 AM
Well I deleted all my YT Content I want nothing to do with this COPPA garbage, even my videos were not aimed at Children, I don't have a su of 42.000 EUR per video  if I would be reported for their nonsense  YT days are over for me tbh.
And the EU is to blame for this overrated thing, too may useless rules, YT was fine back int he old days when it wasn't part of that strange Google+ thing.

Everything has to be as complicated as possible these days, it's useless.

That's a rather extreme position to take, but you're free to take it. Even if you were found to be in violation (which you very likely wouldn't if you took the proper precautions), there's steps taken before they'd slap you with a fine. They'd probably flag your vid, then you'd have a further choice to make, and so on and so forth before it led to something extreme. Though I don't make videos on toys or figures, my channel has done fine with me just placing a disclaimer in front of my videos to cover my arse.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

stargatedalek

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 03, 2020, 07:23:40 AM
Well I deleted all my YT Content I want nothing to do with this COPPA garbage, even my videos were not aimed at Children, I don't have a su of 42.000 EUR per video  if I would be reported for their nonsense  YT days are over for me tbh.
And the EU is to blame for this overrated thing, too may useless rules, YT was fine back int he old days when it wasn't part of that strange Google+ thing.

Everything has to be as complicated as possible these days, it's useless.
This is an American policy, installed by republican lawmakers, it has absolutely nothing to do with the EU.

Tylosaurus

Well, not totally correct, EU does have some roles with it, they have GDPR-K, which is pretty much comes down to the same thing ;)
https://www.privacycompliancehub.com/gdpr-resources/the-relationship-between-coppa-and-gdpr-getting-it-right-for-your-business/
A similar thing with a different naming.

Other than that I don't need YT, I still use it to watch videos  from Hardware enthusiasts and  B747 Collectors & Spotters from around the globe.
So I don't need it personally, the restrictions it has I don't like taking such risks if I have to be honest, not my kind of thing tbh.

Just miss the old days where freedom was a greater thing and such things as YT were far more flexible.

SidB

avatar_Tylosaurus @Tylosaurus , yes, many of us yearn for them too. But of course, we are experiencing a reaction that is likely based of some people abusing that freedom of old. The fear is that the reaction will continue on, so as to be an over-reaction. Luther, I think, once observed that humanity usually behaves like a drunk on horseback, who falls off the left side of the horse, then pulls himself up ( I'll be gender specific here), and immediately proceeds to fall off the other side.

It's hard to find the balance point, maybe harder to keep it, because actual life is dynamic - change, fast or slow, is the norm.

Dinoxels

My goodness it has been a while since this situation occurred. Feels like yesterday  :o
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.