News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re: Toyway Ornithocheirus

Started by Rexrap, September 10, 2012, 03:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexrap

Hi all

I have a Toyway Ornithocheirus in it's original plastic bubble, please send offers to me
I won it in a walking with dinosaurs magazine competition here In the uk
I have kept it under lock and key, but now need to let it go to a new home
Serious offers only

Thank you

sauroid

a photo of your Ornithocheirus would be cool
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

I've seen the occasional offer before--a photo would certainly be great. Also, since most of us have only seen photos of just one ever!

Jetoar

Oh I would like to see a image of your Ornithocheirus  ^-^. It is a rare figure.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Pictures or it's not happening. :) I'd love to make you an offer, but I know it'll be outmatched many times.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Roselaar on September 10, 2012, 09:52:22 PM
Pictures or it's not happening. :) I'd love to make you an offer, but I know it'll be outmatched many times.

Ditto that! ;)

Bokisaurus

>:D May the deepest wallet wins! LOL! >:D

Tyrannosaurid lover

I search what figure itis and  I surprise my self to find that I lost at least two of them in my childhood, tey where fragile and gray, I buy four in a flea market at the time of my childhood :O :'( :'( :'(
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Ikessauro

I'm willing to buy it, just don't know if I can pay for it. :P The seller doesn't seem to want sell it, because he just posted basic info with no photos, no price defined, waiting that some rich guy will offer him a lot of money and vanished. Anyone willing to sell stuff should be ready to post all info needed as well as pictures of his/her product and be around to ask questions of possible buyers. That way the seller gets more credibility and confidence from possible costumers. ^-^

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 11, 2012, 09:32:16 PM
I'm willing to buy it, just don't know if I can pay for it. :P The seller doesn't seem to want sell it, because he just posted basic info with no photos, no price defined, waiting that some rich guy will offer him a lot of money and vanished. Anyone willing to sell stuff should be ready to post all info needed as well as pictures of his/her product and be around to ask questions of possible buyers. That way the seller gets more credibility and confidence from possible costumers. ^-^

I think that speaks to most of us--some of us might be willing to throw out a bid--but nothing's happening until we've seen a picture.  On DTF v1 we had someone there that kept mentioning a friend that had one, and might sell it, etc--and not once posted a picture. So until it has been seen for sure, I think we'd best just be patient.

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on September 11, 2012, 10:50:47 PM

I think that speaks to most of us--some of us might be willing to throw out a bid--but nothing's happening until we've seen a picture.  On DTF v1 we had someone there that kept mentioning a friend that had one, and might sell it, etc--and not once posted a picture. So until it has been seen for sure, I think we'd best just be patient.

Looking at DTF1 I found out that a guy with the same username was offering it, but nothing happened really.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 12, 2012, 03:32:54 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 11, 2012, 10:50:47 PM

Looking at DTF1 I found out that a guy with the same username was offering it, but nothing happened really.

I saw that--never saw a picture there either (judging from the thread, we were a lot more credulous then, all that year ago!).

Seijun

Dear Rexrap: Please stop toying with our emotions!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

amargasaurus cazaui

So have we determined this was a scam?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 04, 2012, 05:04:59 AM

I would guess Troll would be the proper term--someone just messing with us to see what would happen. Again.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: SBell on October 04, 2012, 05:13:31 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 04, 2012, 05:04:59 AM

I would guess Troll would be the proper term--someone just messing with us to see what would happen. Again.

Not sure what the policy here is or how admin duties fall, but it might be a thought to either lock the topic or in some way flag it so visitors, newbies and others less aware do not find themselves getting taken for a ride. Just a thought..........
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.