News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

$15,000 T.rex and stegosaurus models

Started by croco_105, October 28, 2020, 06:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croco_105

For those with some extra cash, a pair of Jonas studios T.rex and stegosaurus can be yours for only $15,000. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dinosaur-sculptures-by-Louis-Paul-Jonas-Studios-1920/313275335157?hash=item48f0aa41f5:g:V0UAAOSwTspfjuQr

The vintage stegosaurus looks interesting.  But is it worth $7,500?  Not sure about that.

brettnj

I remember seeing Jonas's sculptures (along with the Deaton brothers' painted bronzes, most of which I eventually bought (and mostly sold decades later (But if you don't know them, Google Image them.))), in the Collector's Cabinet in New York back in the 70's. I collected minerals, fossils, seashells (before I realized what doing the latter meant), etc., and family members took me there to buy me birthday gifts. I'd no idea about the sculptures until I entered the store and my mind went bonkers upon seeing them all.

I wonder if I'd be here doing this now had I not gone there...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.