News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari ichthyosaur tail issue

Started by bettashark, December 05, 2020, 12:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettashark

I just got my Safari ichthyosaur in the mail! But it has a problem.
This:

Basically there's a hollow spot under a thin surface skin, which also has holes in it. Just a manufacturing flaw.
Has anyone else had the same issue with this model? Should I return it and reorder, or is it a common enough issue that I should just try to patch it up a bit somehow?

Dinoxels

:o That's very strange! I have never seen one of these with that before. Reminds me of those scratches aquatic mammals get when hit by boat propellers.   
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

stargatedalek

Is it a bubble in the plastic or in the paint? Either way I would contact safari directly, always worth trying with this sort of thing.

bettashark

It's an actual bubble in the plastic, just beneath the surface. (The actual model is black, the only white is paint.) I bought it from The Dinosaur Farm, so I'll see if they'll do an exchange on it. If not, I can probably fudge it a bit somehow. It looks like the surface beneath the bubble skin is pretty smooth, and it's not very deep.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.