News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TS Toys: The Unofficial WWD figures

Started by Bokisaurus, May 17, 2012, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Inspired by the WWD show. These collection is often called the unofficial WWD figures. They are soft, hollow vinyl figures. They were not widely sold, and were released in the early 2000 I believe. I personally love the figures, and there are some really cool ones 8)
They do pop up once in a while on ebay, and for a while was being sold by Dinosaur Farm. Enjoy!

[

The entire collection, 12 figures total

Sharptooth

Some of them aren't bad, if i have to tell the truth; i especially like the Ornitholestes, Ornitocheirus and Muttaburrasaurus  8)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Himmapaan

I've always really liked the Muttaburrasaurus from this series. It even has palm-facing hands, which is pretty remarkable for what might be considered 'second rate' figures.

Bokisaurus

Yap, they really are not bad figures. I love the pterosaur (ornithochirus), Muttaba the best :)

ZoPteryx

I always wanted to get those! The Mutta & Ornithocheirus are my favorites, but they all have a certain charm to them. :)

stoneage

sauroid

are they considered "chinasaurs"? they are pretty cool.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on May 18, 2012, 05:40:46 AM
are they considered "chinasaurs"? they are pretty cool.
Not not really. They don't really have the chinasaur "style"- soft rubbery plastic, eye-burning bright colours, big googly eyes, multiple heads, dragging tails, and open gaping mouths with triangular shaped white teeth, to name a few ;D

DC

Ts Toys has a slightly smaller set.  They were filled with plastic beads and had a rubber skin.  Anthony sent me a picture, think he bought his on th eIlse of Wight Musem shop.

[attachment msg=9577][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Bokisaurus

Quote from: DC on May 18, 2012, 09:31:41 PM
Ts Toys has a slightly smaller set.  They were filled with plastic beads and had a rubber skin.  Anthony sent me a picture, think he bought his on th eIlse of Wight Musem shop.
Those are cool. How many in the smaller set?

DC

Not sure about whole set only have seen 7 figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Jetoar

I like them. Ornitocheirus, Liopleurodon and Ornitholestes are cool. I have the Liopleurodon but it's 3 times its original size (thus I think it must be a copy)
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Really cool models. I see you guys have a lot of doubles... Let me know if you ever decided to sell some ::)

stoneage

Before Dinosaur Farm had these figures, I saw them in Prehistoric Times Magazine.  They had all of the 12 figures except Coelophysis, Liopleurodon and Torosaurus for $19.95.  So I bought them.  Later when Dinosaur Farm soon started selling them, the full set was $59.95.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.