News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lynxes opinions and criticisms on a few PNSO figures

Started by Lynx, February 20, 2021, 10:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this but....
I have noticed that the more PNSO figures I get or check out, the more I start to notice issues with the figures. Here I will be going over all my criticisms and such for PNSO figures.

Winter Wilson: I really hoped this figure would finally be an accurate one, but oops! I was wrong. Unfortunately the lips are non-existent. The bottom teeth are tiny and have a sloppy paint job. As for the outer part of the figure, the pattern is not the same or similar on both sides (one has a notably worse paint job then the other. The tail tip, something quite simple, is not painted well (if it has any paint at all on the edge of the tail).

Wilson: They basically got the JP rex design, alternated it to give it more texture, and slapped the iconic "Wilson" coloration on it. To put the long story short, it is extremely shrink-wrapped.

Audrey: PNSO took one look at a parrot and decided "hey you know what, lets slap its coloration onto our figure and give it a giraffe pattern." The figure has tons of gloss on it.. The legs are toothpicks that are about to snap in half. In fact, I bet with a little bit of force you actually could snap them. Best to be careful with this figure.

The microraptor I forgot the name of: This figure might be the best one on this list. The only problem I see is how skinny the poor thing is. PNSO, please feed your little microraptor! He is starving!

Essien 2020: Tiny but looks pretty nice. Give him a little repaint and he will be the perfect partner with your Safari LTD spino. Oh wait, is that.... a knuckle walker! And oh my word, what fish are you going to be killing with those claws? A leedsichthys? In all seriousness though, it is a pretty nice figure!

Anyway, there we go! Hope you enjoy. Please feel free to comment on my mini list.
An oversized house cat.

Loon

Bread

Audrey's legs are quite thin yes, however, I believe they are accurate. Judging by my quick google search, hadrosaurs don't really have that much of a build up in their front legs, so what I am saying is they appear to have skinny legs. Correct me if I am wrong, as I am not too knowledgeable with this matter.

The old Wilson, in which you refer to as the JP clone, was released before Winter Wilson. So the color scheme of it is not based on Winter Wilson. Just a pretty standard pallet for a Tyrannosaurus, but I would argue that it is not JP like.

Just a little feedback or comments I made, but just like Loon said, there is a controversial opinions thread or even the various amount of PNSO threads available. Some of your opinions have also been discussed in these threads as well.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.