News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Chicago Archaeopteryx

Started by ceratopsian, May 09, 2024, 09:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I'm intrigued to know if anyone here has managed to see the newly revealed Archaeopteryx fossil in the Field Museum yet?

Carnoking

I've never been to the Field but between Sue, Maximo, Sobek and now this, I really gotta get out there sometime.

Takama

That Museum is So close to were I live

Yet i have Yet to make it there

Someday, I hope to see you Sue, and Sobek, and Maximo

ceratopsian

I want to get there too - but it's an awfully long way for me.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I may be going there this year and if I do I'll be sure to snap a pic!

Halichoeres

It's a mere 10 km from me, so I'm sure I'll go in the near future. Maybe once the academic term is over and I have a bit less to do!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Not the best photos in the world, but I managed to sneak in a visit the other day:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

Thanks for posting avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres. Such delicate bones. Sometimes the sheer improbability of what can be preserved and survive takes the breath away. Let's hope some new scientific data adds to our understanding of the animal.

oscars_dinos

this makes me miss living in Chicago

Halichoeres

Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 24, 2024, 02:13:20 AMthis makes me miss living in Chicago

Of all the cities I've lived in, this is my favorite!

Crackington

Amazing fossil - thanks for sharing avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Incidentally, what would you consider the best model (commercial) of Archaeopteryx these days? Has your visit changed your view too, seeing the real thing?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Crackington on July 26, 2024, 06:20:17 PMIncidentally, what would you consider the best model (commercial) of Archaeopteryx these days? Has your visit changed your view too, seeing the real thing?

It didn't really change my view, which is that there are a few good ones that have different strengths. I think Kaiyodo has the most elegant sculpt, Safari's has the most up-to-date coloration, and Favorite's, while it takes some liberties, does a good job of letting both the birdlike and reptilian characteristics stand out.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Crackington

Thanks Halichoeres, I like the Kaiyodo model and will try and track it down. I used to have the old Bullyland model, which was rather Burian-esque but traded it a while back. The only one I have now is the microscopic Tamiya one from the Mesozoic Creatures kit oh and a slightly bigger one perching in the Aurora Jungle Swamp.

All collections need a good Archaeopteryx I feel....

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.