News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Ceratosaurus

Started by andrewsaurus rex, May 31, 2021, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

i haven't paid much attention to Nanmu because there figures are 1/35 and I collect 1/18 animal figures and also because I felt their figures weren't terribly accurate, being based on Jurassic Park/World to a large extent.

However, I stumbled upon the Nanmu Ceratosaurus and discovered that it is both quite realistic looking and that, at 12 inches long, would work very well in 1/18 since most Ceratosaurus skeletons found are around the 20 foot mark

It seems a nice figure to me but I would like opinions of it from anyone that has it or has seen it in the flesh.  Also comments to scientific accuracy would be appreciated as i'm not overly familiar with Ceratosaurus.  The only thing I've noticed is that tail seems a bit long.  I assume it's supposed to be C. nasicornis.  It's expensive, so I want to make sure I don't my i's and cross my t's.

Over9K

Quote from: andrewsaurus on May 31, 2021, 10:59:19 PM
i haven't paid much attention to Nanmu because there figures are 1/35 and I collect 1/18 animal figures and also because I felt their figures weren't terribly accurate, being based on Jurassic Park/World to a large extent.

However, I stumbled upon the Nanmu Ceratosaurus and discovered that it is both quite realistic looking and that, at 12 inches long, would work very well in 1/18 since most Ceratosaurus skeletons found are around the 20 foot mark

It seems a nice figure to me but I would like opinions of it from anyone that has it or has seen it in the flesh.  Also comments to scientific accuracy would be appreciated as i'm not overly familiar with Ceratosaurus.  The only thing I've noticed is that tail seems a bit long.  I assume it's supposed to be C. nasicornis.  It's expensive, so I want to make sure I don't my i's and cross my t's.

I think if you put them to the tape test, most of Nanmu's stuff will scale out WAY larger than 1/35th and a lot closer to 1/20-1/18...

As for the Ceratosaurus, I love it. The skull is narrow, the teeth are front and center, the osteoderms running down the body, the four equal length fingers... it seems pretty accurate to me.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.