News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The COVID pandemic. How are you coping with it?

Started by Rexy, July 17, 2021, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

The world has been dealing with this horrible pandemic for over a year. How are you coping? I live in southeastern Australia and, thanks to the utter stupidity of a group of furniture removalists from Sydney who thought the COVID quarantine rules didn't apply to them, my home state of Victoria is in lockdown for the fifth time. It annoys me because I had tickets to the football this weekend and now I can't go. Victoria recorded 19 new delta cases over the past 24 hours. Sydney have recorded 111 new cases and they've finally decided to do what they should have done weeks ago: close all non-essential businesses. By keeping these places open, it was just encouraging people to go out and be spreading the virus around.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

PhilSauria

I'm also a resident of southeastern Australia (Victoria) and fully understand your frustrations!

It never ceases to amaze and annoy me to be out walking with my wife and see any number of people without masks when they should be wearing them, and some of these people would be the first to complain about the ongoing lockdowns. How stupid are they not to realise that their behaviour is (potentially) prolonging the very situations that they find so hard to cope with! They are so eager to return to their pre-covid way of life and yet will not do anything to achieve that.

Rexy

The only reason we're in lockdown is because of selfish, ignorant people who refuse to follow simple rules like wearing a face mask when they're out in public and staying in isolation whilst waiting for their test results. I understand the lockdowns might cause some small businesses to permanently close down, but when we get an outbreak, we have to do something to stop it spreading before things get really bad. Unfortunately, it's looking likely this current lockdown might be extended.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

suspsy

Nearly 70% of the Canadian population is at least partially vaccinated. Restaurants and gyms and museums are finally reopening, but I remain alert. I know that there are plenty of antivaxxing mooncalfs in my country with no regard for anyone else's safety. I'm bracing myself for a fourth wave come fall.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rexy

Victoria was meant to be coming out of lockdown tomorrow night, but it's not going to happen now. Hopefully we find out soon how much longer our fifth lockdown is expected to last. Being in lockdown makes it difficult to get new dinos (all non-essential businesses are closed).

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.