News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nys prehistoric life in New York

Started by Hynerpeton, September 10, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

My trip to New York State museum and its pre Dino's. our state fossil is a sea scorpion.

Even added pics of me with my pre Dino friends. Have not seen em in ages. Yes it was winter when these were taken. Lol

Some pics were too dark to share.

Hope you enjoyed em.

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

brandem

That looks like a great place, the orthocones remind me of the displays at the Smithsonian when I was a kid.

Gwangi

The local museum here, the Museum of the Earth, has the same Coelopyhsis but it is only there as an example of what older restorations look like, a much more modern Coelophysis stands next to it.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Gwangi on September 11, 2014, 01:38:14 AM
The local museum here, the Museum of the Earth, has the same Coelopyhsis but it is only there as an example of what older restorations look like, a much more modern Coelophysis stands next to it.

That is our only known Dino. Most of New York State was with trilobites,orthrocones,etc. you may now know why I love pre Dino's the most. I live where they once lived.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Gwangi

Quote from: predino on September 11, 2014, 02:03:58 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 11, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

That is our only known Dino. Most of New York State was with trilobites,orthrocones,etc. you may now know why I love pre Dino's the most. I live where they once lived.

I live in NY too and although I do love dinosaurs I appreciate the great fossils this state has to offer. The local museum here has a great display of local fossils. One of the worlds largest collections of Devonian fossils actually. It also has an exhibit for Coelophysis and it's actually the mascot for the museum as well. And we have a mastodon from Hyde Park which is very near to where I used to live. I really should post pictures from there some time.

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Welcome. There is a mastodon too. I should take pics of them both when I go again. Always wanted to bring one of these pre Dino's home. They look cute to me.  ::) ;D
Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

Sorry to open a old post. Wondering if anyone saved the pics before tiny pic left and had them. Didn't know this would happen.  😭😭
Walking With Monsers:

Libraraptor

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

Update. I found some. Seems some I don't have.  Ugh.  :(
Walking With Monsers:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.