News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aliexpress knockoffs?

Started by dragon53, April 19, 2021, 06:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I'm thinking about buying NECA sci fi figures on Aliexpress. I've seen differing opinions about authentic vs. knockoff figures on Aliepress.

Does anyone have any first hand experience about Aliexpres authentic vs. knockoff figures?

RobinGoodfellow

Aliexpress is more like Ebay than Amazon: it's a site where you can find very different web-stores under the same "logo" Aliexpress.
Some stores sell authentic stuffs while others sell knockoff.
It all depends from the store you're buying from..

-

SidB

True, and others sell a combination of both. As always, "caveat emptor". I order a lot of stuff from AliExpress, and find it a very valuable resource. It's always important to know your products and from whom you are purchasing them.

MLMjp

I dont have any experience but I know that if you order NECA figures from Aliexpress, you guaranteed to get a bootleg. Same thing with japanese figures. There might be like 1 store that sells authentics, but honestly I donĀ“t think it is worth risking.

Aliexpress does sell authentic stuff, like dinosaur figures, transformers and other toys (although there are still bootlegs of everything), but they are much more easier to tell apart.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MLMjp on April 19, 2021, 03:01:57 PM
I dont have any experience but I know that if you order NECA figures from Aliexpress, you guaranteed to get a bootleg.

..sorry but if you have zero experience with a seller, how can you claim such a thing  ? ...  ???

MLMjp

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 19, 2021, 03:13:43 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on April 19, 2021, 03:01:57 PM
I dont have any experience but I know that if you order NECA figures from Aliexpress, you guaranteed to get a bootleg.

..sorry but if you have zero experience with a seller, how can you claim such a thing  ? ...  ???
Ok, I cant guarantee it 100%, but I have my reasons to believe that. Its more about what I have seen other people experience.

Im part of a japanese figure collector community, which is very anti-bootleg and everyone there knows that japanese figures from aliexpress mean knock-offs and bootlegs.

With NECA figures, bootleggers copy everything, even the legal stuff of the box, and sometimes get really close to the actual product. I have seen some comparisons online.

I can give you an example with Godzilla figures, because of a bootleg experience I had with one figure in a physical store, I started to pay attention to all the details of the figures to spot bootlegs. If you go to an Aliexpress page that sell NECA Godzilla and you take a look at the pictures customers upload in the review section, you can clearly see they are bootlegs, you need to have a very trained eye like me, but you can tell.

Granted this example could not be true for all NECA figures in Aliexpress, but I definitely know that you shouldn't buy NECA Godzilla figures on Aliexpress, and personally I wouldn't risk it for other NECA figures.

dragon53

Thanks for the replies.

So do you guys know of any merchants on Aliexpress that sell authentic NECA figures?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.