You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Britain (2015 Documentary)

Started by ITdactyl, September 01, 2021, 08:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

It was a pleasant surprise to find a new(ish?) Dinosaur documentary streamed free on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6gQGwkeQw

Don't let the title turn you off, several herbivores are also featured.  The onboard paleontologist is Dean Lomax (with other guests). Animation's decent - though please don't expect dinosaurs in their natural habitat. It's more like the featured dinosaurs walking around modern Britain.

Fair warning: there is a bit of campy acting (dinosaurs chasing the hosts, or slipping on the museum tiles) - but it was a good watch. Seeing several dinosaurs that have not received fair media attention be given nice 3d animations should be reason enough for a full viewing.

1 hr and 31 minutes.

Duna

Oh, thank you!
I've enjoyed that documentary a lot! I loved the tours through the museums, the wonderful soundtrack and there are quite a few represented dinosaurs! Even my favourite ones are given very nice attention, scelidosaurus, cetiosaurus, mantellisaurus and dacentrurus.
Very recommendable!

Gwangi

This was one of the better dinosaur documentaries in recent memory, there aren't many good ones these days.

ITdactyl

My brain is rejecting the image of the scavenging Ichthyosaurus. I know most animals wouldn't have passed up a free meal... but that ichthyosaur going croc-shark on that poor Scelidosaurus.... hahaha, my bias is showing.

On the other hand, I agree Duna - the spotlight on species that barely receive media attention was great.  The Sophie-fied Dacentrurus was a treat, considering Sophie was introduced to the public only a few months before the original run of this series in 2015.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

This was from a few years ago. Saw it on the TV back when I still had videos.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

ITdactyl

Yeah. Please (mods?) feel free to combine this into the original thread.

I really thought the title was "Britain's deadliest Prehistoric Predators" - ran a search and came up empty so posted this new thread. Took me a while to realize that's the title of the first episode (of this combined two-parter) and that the documentary is called: "Dinosaur Britain" (hence the multiple edits on the OP).

I just wish I didn't have to rely on Youtube for British (or other international) documentaries. I'm 6 years late to this party (basically ignored the original thread since I didn't have access to it then and couldn't relate), forgot it existed until I got the Youtube notification. ;D

On that note, the BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs series was first broadcast here in 2002 (despite illegal video cd copies with the Kenneth Branagh narration being hawked by vendors on the side streets c. 2000).  That's several years of delay (though I'm told Discovery SEA did a 2 week limited run in 2000)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.