You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about the value of my collection

Started by Uroplatus, January 14, 2023, 03:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uroplatus

Hi there, it's been a long time since I have been active here, and also a long time since I collected dinosaur models.
In the time I collected I believe I managed to gather a pretty large collection and after them being in storage for a few years now I believe it's time (with pain in my heart) to maybe let them go to other collectors who will appreciate them more then I can at the moment.

The collection exists for a large part out of many harder to find pieces such as : Bullyland museum exclusives, Japanese museum exclusives (favorite ltd, Kaiyodo, capcom, etc...) , the complete line of AAA prehistoric mammals, a bunch of discontinued (schleich, Safari carnegie collection, CollectA, ...) models, but also some more commen papo ones , a single Rebor model, etc...
I think its well around a 100 models, or maybe even more.

When I collect something my OCD kicks in so I have everything alphabetically listed as well, but with some of them I got stuck trying to find a price to put on them.
Now I was wondering what would be a good aproach to get an estimated value on those harder to find pieces, and in which subforum I should post them to get the most opinions as to what they are actually worth.

Now I have collected plenty of other different toylines since then, and it isn't my first rodeo anymore so ofcourse I tried looking at completed Ebay sold listings and such , and ofcourse I have found some as well, but some of them also seem to be so rare that I can't even find them there.

Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to get them all gone, and I might even decide to keep them after all because i remember collecting all of them was a real work of labor (I even traveled from Belgium to the US to pick up the first Battat reissues back in 2015) but yeah, any advice on how to proceed from here and getting all of them valued.., or if someone can point me in the right direction.., any help would be very much appreciated. 🙂

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Kevin.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Aside from eBay there isn't much place to check if they are really rare pieces. you could list them with a really high reserve and just see how high it goes or enable offers?

Duna

The best is to check in Worthpoint (it's not free) or just post the list here in the forum, probably there are some collectors that can help with the actual value (some figures were valuable some time ago, and now less and viceversa).

Uroplatus

Thanks for the advice, I will proceed in going further with the tips you both gave me and see where we end up in the end. 🙂

Thanks again.
Greetings , Kevin.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.