News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

best glue to use on a polyresin figure

Started by sauroid, November 06, 2012, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i have a figure made of polyresin that is slightly damaged. a small piece on the head part is broken but i still have the broken piece. i need the best type of glue for this material (something that wont be so obvious and would look good as new after fixing). also, once i re-attach the piece, there would be a small gap. what would be a good filling material? TIA.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I use Hot Stuff (a cyanoacrylate glue, which was originally used to repair gemstones (as recommended by Paleoferroequine)). I think it would be ok to use with polyresin :)

sauroid

thanks TQ. i wonder if there are other choices out there? i also want to know the stuff to use to fill up the small gap/s after reattaching the part.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Oh, you mean like seam filling? There's tons of stuff you can use. Epoxies, like Aves Apoxie Sculpt are popular, and are extremely strong too. I like to use Vallejo putty....

....it comes in a tube and has a toothpaste like consistency.

I like it because I can just use it straight out of the tube with no mixing or waiting around. If I wanted something stronger, I probably go for an epoxy though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.