You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Diplodocus and WS Inostrancevia: Which paint color to use?

Started by CityRaptor, November 14, 2012, 01:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Both my 2008 Diplo and my Gorgonopsid have paint damage. In case of the Diplo it is one of the dark green humps on the back, while for the Inostrancevia it is one the eyes. Anyone knows which colors I need to get to fix that? Color-wise, I could get myself some Tamiya and some Revell Colors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I usually just mix some til I get it right or at least close. I almost never use the colors straight from the manufacturer.

Jetoar

I use Citadel paints to fix my figures or repaint parts. Could I see pictures of your figures?  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine ?  There shoul dbe pics of them either in my art thread or in my Dio/collection thread I think.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Jetoar

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 15, 2012, 09:43:21 PM
Jetoar means mine. So here they are ( follow the link )
http://imageshack.us/gal.php?id=qpSuktTgzdywl6mVmd3W06g
Sorry about the quality.

OK I have seen the images. You can try with Citadel Paintures.These Peintures are plastic peintures and I use these peintures to fix my figures  ^-^. Yo can see my figures in the forum and you take a decision  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

CityRaptor

Those are model paints, right? Thanks, but that was not what I meant. I meant which color to use, not the type of paint. Sorry if that was not clear.
Oh no

Jetoar

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2012, 10:59:26 AM
Those are model paints, right? Thanks, but that was not what I meant. I meant which color to use, not the type of paint. Sorry if that was not clear.

Ok no problem  ^-^.  You should vidti this company and You could see the diferents colors. For Diplo If I were you, I use a mix to clear green with a tiny piece of brown. For Inostrancevia I dont see the damage   ^-^.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.