News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loose Articulated Jaws?

Started by Lynx, December 24, 2021, 02:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Recently I have run into an issue with my Papo Acrocanthosaurus where the jaw is so loose, it can no longer close fully without falling down. Is there any solution to this, or shall I get a replacement for this already damaged figure?
An oversized house cat.

MesozoicJohn

Hi Lynx.

If you are happy to have the jaw fixed in position you could add a little glue.

If you still want it to move try a little bluetak pushed into the holes were the jaw pivots.

Another option is to use a small piece of temporary tooth repair.  Easy to use, just pop the required amount of beads into hot water, take them out and shape into the desired shape. Do not worry if you get it wrong the first time, just submerge back into hot water and re shape. Recommended you use a spoon so you do not scold.

Regarding replacement, depends on how bad the damage is.

I hope this helps, John :)

Lanthanotus

Depending on how the jaw is constructed you could also use Teflon tape as used for plumbing. Easy to use and easily removable.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.