News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ginormous Ichthyosaur Uncovered in UK

Started by suspsy, January 10, 2022, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Newt

Fantastic! It looks from the photos to be very complete too. A fine companion discovery to the new giant Cymbospondylus from Nevada. Since we now have a Triassic giant and a Jurassic giant, let's keep our fingers crossed for a new giant Cretaceous ophthalmosaur!

Flaffy

God I wish there were better figures of Temnodontosaurus on the market. It's such an impressive beast in real life, and it's an absolute shame it hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves in figure form.

suspsy

CollectA made a birthing mother back in 2015, but it's fairly small. Perhaps this discovery will prompt them to make a big Deluxe version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

It's interesting that they're planning to display it in the local area; if nothing else, it gives us UK users a reason to go to Rutland  ;D

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 10, 2022, 04:07:27 PM
CollectA made a birthing mother back in 2015, but it's fairly small. Perhaps this discovery will prompt them to make a big Deluxe version.

Precisely what I was hoping for! A giant icthyosaur deserves an impressively sized model! (and also, more space to sculpt those distinctive and huge teeth)

andrewsaurus rex

exciting find, although it's a small fry compared to the blue whale sized Lilstock Ichthyosaur.

I agree that it's high time for a (some) substantial sized Ichthyosaur figures.

Flaffy

Quote from: andrewsaurus on January 12, 2022, 05:50:21 PM
exciting find, although it's a small fry compared to the blue whale sized Lilstock Ichthyosaur.

I agree that it's high time for a (some) substantial sized Ichthyosaur figures.

To be fair, not a lot of icthyosaurs, or marine reptiles for that matter rivals the size of the largest Shastasaurids. Truly impressive beasts they are, and it's an absolute shame they aren't produced in figure format more often. IIRC the last decent Shonisaurus model was from Schleich?

Shonisaurus

I would even like that not only Collecta be animals to make a new version of temnodontosaurus as a result of new scientific discoveries and with a Deluxe size, I would like PNSO or Safari and even Papo and Schleich to make versions of that ichthyosaurid.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.