News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ghostbusters / Prehistoric Life

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, January 05, 2022, 04:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

We know there are more than few GB fans that like the prehistoric and it goes reverse as well.  Found this cool concept of a Dimetrodon ghost from the making of GB:Afterlife book.

BlueKrono

Hey, I've never heard of an expiration date on ghosts. Why not a few hundred million years?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 05, 2022, 05:10:31 AM
Hey, I've never heard of an expiration date on ghosts. Why not a few hundred million years?
This reminds me of a joke my friend made once about a Titalik(with context it's probably a good idea of what a tetrapod ancestor will be like) watching him as a ghost/ancestral guardian(?).
As for the main post
I don't know too much about the series, but I really enjoy these designs. Thanks for showing these

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 05, 2022, 05:10:31 AM

indeed. they do turn up here and there.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2022, 04:45:25 AM
We know there are more than few GB fans that like the prehistoric and it goes reverse as well.  Found this cool concept of a Dimetrodon ghost from the making of GB:Afterlife book.

I loved the idea of ​​​​Dimetrodon ghosts and a Lovecraftian cosmic aberration. As "Ghostbusters" have always used science (albeit the occult science) and technology to tackle the supernatural, the inclusion of prehistoric animal spirits and sci-fi fantasy alien-gods would make sense in the franchise.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 05, 2022, 05:55:36 AM
This reminds me of a joke my friend made once about a Titalik(with context it's probably a good idea of what a tetrapod ancestor will be like) watching him as a ghost/ancestral guardian(?).

A tiktaalik as an ancestral guardian...:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.