News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help for AMNH

Started by RobinGoodfellow, February 07, 2022, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Hello,

I'm searching for an almost complete illustrated guide to AMNH of New York.

I already have these four:

But none of them is a complete guide to the museum.

Do you know of a better, illustrated and (more or less) complete book about New York AMNH ( the whole museum, not only prehistoric & fossils) ?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

^-^

Tyrannosauron

Not sure about illustrated guides to the entire museum, but the most complete guide to the fossil halls is likely Lowell Dingus' "Next of Kin," released to coincide with the halls' renovation in the early 1990s.

Halichoeres

Is this a book you know exists, or one that you hope exists? The museum has issued many small pamphlets as guides to particular exhibits, for example: https://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9780913424179
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks for all the suggestions.  :)

As an art lover, I have books like "The complete guide to Prado Museum" or "The Ermitage Collection" or "Louvre: all the paintings".
I'm searching for something like these for the AMNH: an illustrated guide about the AMNH collection (with a rich photographic compendium).
But I'm not able to find one.
Even the "AMNH: The Ultimate Guide" that I have is nothing more than a booklet with 95 pages and poor pictures.
Apparently even a big museum like AMNH doesn't have a real complete guide to its collection: I didn't find one..  :-\
It's sad..

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.