News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Fossils For Kids by Ashley Hall

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), July 28, 2020, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I've posted a review of Ashley Hall's (AKA LadyNaturalist) new book, "Fossils For Kids" at Dino Dad Reviews!
It's a great way to get kids interesting in the nature and study of fossils.
Having amassed such a large social media following, it's nice to see Hall finally break into the publishing world.
https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/07/28/fossils-for-kids/

JayDavid9

Thanks for the review! It was great to be able to see how the pages were laid out and species profiles were displayed ; )

Duna

Thank you for the review! I also have (almost) 6 year old twins and they love the story behind fossils most that anything. I had them today an hour begging for pictures of Sue's smashed skull (I told them the one in the mount was not the real one) and all Patagotitan fossils we could find on the internet.  :D They like fossils more than animal pictures and they love the stories behind their discoveries.
Do you know if it's in other languages? But I won't mind buying it in English.

Duna

Hi, I just received the book. My impressions are that the text is really nice, appropiate for kids, large letters and very well described. But the pictures are too few for my taste and some too small. There is a lot of blank space in most pages with lots of different information and only a tiny picture of only one thing. The full page pictures are the best.
At least is not an expensive book.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.