News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LEGO: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, February 06, 2022, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: MLMjp on February 11, 2022, 03:19:13 PM
The Triceratops has a color scheme that suspiciously looks like the Nasutoceratops.

Considering we saw Nasutoceratops atacking some cars in the trailer I have a feeling Lego went the super lazy route with that set instead of actually giving us a Nasutoceratops.

Had Mattel done that, there would be an outrage. >:D

Observations:
- Lego is for sure using that one hairpiece a lot. Every female but Maisie and Kayla, who got some really sucky hairpiece.
- Blue is the only Raptor with more than jaw articulation, only Raptor with painted claws and painted teeth.  Imagine the outrage if Mattel did that.
- Rainn Delacourt is in several sets...so an important bad guy.
- There are actually sets without Owen and/or Claire!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

I'm out of town without a laptop till Monday, so I'll add the latest images to the OP when I'm back at home.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

I've updated the OP. Presumably there will also be a set with the Giganotosaurus, although I wouldn't be shocked if it reuses the head or the body of the Indominus figure.

suspsy

Forgot about the Duplo set!

suspsy

Added images of the Giganotosaurus/Therizinosaurus set. I'll replace them with better images once they become available.

CityRaptor

Lego going cheap again, I see.

Also another magazine exclusive:

You bred Raptors?

Looks familiar, doesn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLz5Api676Y&ab_channel=JonCvack
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

The Giganotosaurus' torso is new, but the head and tail are reused from the Indominus and the limbs are reused from the T. rex. It might have been better off reusing Velociraptor arms instead. 

Meanwhile, the Therizinosaurus reuses the body, tail, and legs of the Indoraptor.

That's LEGO for you.

suspsy

Here's a review of the Giganotosaurus & Therizinosaurus set. Again, both reuse parts from other LEGO dinosaurs:

https://brickset.com/article/74281

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.