News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

If You Could Only Have One

Started by MesozoicJohn, February 03, 2022, 09:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

At the end of last Fridays meet up and play testing of my new Dinosaur game idea, I set my group of Dinosaur enthusiasts this scenario..............

To reduce the problems with plastic in our oceans, all further production of plastic toys/models will be stopped, world wide. Sales of these models will be illegal from March 1st 2022 Further to this all plastic toys/models are to be surrendered to the authorities and will be flown into the sun. Full compensation will be paid to all.

There are exemptions and allowance's to this law, the one appertaining to Dinosaur model collectors is :-

Appendix 178d, sub section (ii). A Model Dinosaur Collector my have just one model, this may be either a new model purchased before March 1st 2022 or one of their existing models.

QUESTION

Which model would you have and why?

All for fun and I am looking forward to my groups answers this Friday. In the mean time I ask you all the same question.

John :)

Lanthanotus

Despite I think we had this questions once or thrice in the past, I dare try to answer it..... tricky as it is, as a lot models come to mind, like the Rebor Vintage T. rex for its nostalgic charme, intricate detailing, heft and physical playability or the Marx Moschops not least for its unbreaked accuracy despite being 60 years + old. My childish self tells me, I need to choose one of the Bullyland Minis of old, most favorable the yellow Plesiosaurus, or a few years younger the timeless Bullyland Edaphosaurus or the CollectA Rajasaurus for its undestroyable material and the undisturbed ability to sand on its two tiny feet indefinetly despite being packed into small pockets beneath other stuff while travelling.

As I have a son who will also choose one and that one probably being either a theropod or a pachycephalosaur, I think I currently would choose the PNSO Tujiangosaurus. I find it a sight to behold, masterfully sculpted with a very nice paint job on the brink of the classic stegosaur look combined with a pattern that plays with light and shadow and it is appropriately sized to be crammed into any pocket (which may be important, as when the world is so far that plastics get banned completely, we will probably also have to need to reloacte from time to time).

SRF

Does it really have to be a figure that is already released? I mean we know of quite a few models that are coming later this year. Please give these companies the chance to release those figures while they are already work in progress.  :P
But today, I'm just being father

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mellow Stego

What, no Grandfather's clause?😆

I would chose my Safari's Stegosaurus '19. I just love that figure so much I've bought multiples of them.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 03, 2022, 03:32:31 PM
The Marx robin's egg blue Kronosaurus. Here's why:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5030.0

I knew you`d choose this as I not get tired to read this story every now and then again :)

Skorpio V.

In my opinion, the Battat Diplodocus holds the perfect equilibrium of retro nostalgia, presence, community lore, and accuracy.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Shonisaurus

I hesitate to choose which figure I would keep

I guess the iToy paraceratherium is one of my favorite figures and it's one of my favorite prehistoric animals and honestly I like it the way it's sculpted and on top of that it's the size I always wanted.

On the other hand, I really like the mini version Battat's tyrannosaurus rex, it's my crown jewel along with the Play Visions palorchestes.

I would still choose to keep Battat's tyrannosaurus rex mini version. It is perhaps my favorite, although I am not so enthusiastic about miniatures of prehistoric animals, that figure has me dazzled and in love.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 03, 2022, 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on February 03, 2022, 03:32:31 PM
The Marx robin's egg blue Kronosaurus. Here's why:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5030.0

I knew you`d choose this as I not get tired to read this story every now and then again :)

Thank you! I'll have a hiatus from work soon which should allow me to do more writing. I've got a few toy reviews I'm quite looking forward to.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Creature

I love this thread!

If resin kits are included in the ban, then my singular piece would be my Masterpiece Models Parasaurolophus. It's my favorite species, and it's just so imposing and majestic.

If resin kits don't count, it would probably have to be either PNSO's Nick, or my Super Colossal T. rex. Nick is gorgeous, but Rexy hits all my nostalgia buttons. She's the toy T. rex I've wanted ever since JP was released.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.