You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Collecting Dinosaurs again, yea, let's give this an other go, right.

Started by Tylosaurus, June 02, 2022, 09:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hey guys,

So yea here I am I guess, I thought why not make a new fresh topic of this since I have been out of it for years and man things have changed so much, goodness looks like I came back in time now that accurate models are really becoming a thing, just like when it comes to JC Wings, Gemini Jets & Inflight 200 when it came to my scale 1:200 diecast Boeing 747 models, collected those for the past 8 a 9 years and yea not one new Dinosaur model was ever addedm but I knew this would change at some point in my life.

There were times I thought// maybe I should get back at it again, back at restarting to collect Dinosaurs again... or not... then I didn't know if I should or not.
Anxiety going back to these forums also played a large role, there were a few pauses and it just didn't happen.

But now which is 2 years since I had those strange moments I went to my friend Mike Wally and had a chat with him  and he told me of some worthy models and after seeing them I Saw more potential to add them, and yea that is kind of where I got back to it again, so I am very thankful for Mike showing me the renewed models of my favorite theropods,  thata re these:

"Giganotosaurus carolinii"
"Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"
"Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"

And always was in search for my favorite Stegosaurid the one and only:
"Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"

And luckily Mike had all of these so here the are left to right:

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"
CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"
Eofauna Scale 1:35 "Giganotosaurus carolinii"
PNSO Scale 1:35 "Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"

So here the sub galleries I will post one photo per Dinu and the rest within a spoiler, hopping this should save bandwidth for those with a slower connection, I hope I get this right hehe.

Eofauna Scale 1:35 "Giganotosaurus carolinii"(2019)

Spoiler

[close]

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"(2021)

Spoiler

[close]

CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"(2015)

Spoiler

[close]

The rest in my second post 8)

Tylosaurus

Here the other photo's  :)

PNSO Scale 1:35 "Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"(2020)

Spoiler

[close]

Here the CollectA Deluxe Edition Scale 1:40 "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis" from 2015 compared to the Battat Terra "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis" re-release from 2015!
Even that the Battat Terra by Dan loRusso uses a mold is from 1996, it stills beats it in many ways.

Spoiler

[close]

And here the final two photo's of this awesome lot:
"Giganotosaurus carolinii" v.s "Carcharodontosaurus saharicus"

Hereby I hope you like the photo's I made, I did put a lot of time in to this so I hope everyone accepts what I have done here and how.
If there are things I must change please let me know, as my knowledge of Dinoasaurs much of that is gone due to a heavy concussion I had several years back I Lost a lot of things I used to know, so my bad if I didn't post something correct, it is what it is for that part.

Thanks for reading of course!  8)

Now that Cuppa java, yus.

Halichoeres

Good to see you posting here again. Some solid choices here. Did you ever get the giant PNSO Chungkingosaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2022, 07:15:10 AMGood to see you posting here again. Some solid choices here. Did you ever get the giant PNSO Chungkingosaurus?
Yea I did actually, that was some time back though, from what I could tell it is  Scale 1:8 I believe that model is measuring 52cm in length the actual 1:1 was around 4.16 Meters in length, yea PNSO did a great job with that, it would be nice if PNSO would apply actual scales of their models.
At the moment I have 39 Stegosaurids and I do plan on adding more, of course  8)

PNSO's Acro is a must tho it's a motto at my Dinu Alliance Community  when any of my members friends & I see one we be like Acro Doe!!!  ;D 
There are times we say it that much we just laugh about nothing XD it's just great.

But yea  I will surely look in to those, yet a good Yutyrannus huali was also made by PNSO that is also something I really need to look in to, not sure if an Epanterias amplexus was ever made, the same for a good Australovenator wintonensis, some dinu's I find very hard to find, but probably that could be due to lack of scientific data, but hey waiting 12 a 13 years was surely worth it though, I'll give it that man!
An other one I might want to look in to is the Concavenator corcovatus , not sure who made a good one of that, I am sure PNSO & Eofauna could pull it off tho, seeing their knowledge and model design.

All in all Eofauna & PNSO were the most impressive for me to this day yet, their accuracy, fidelity and sheer high detail of these models is absolutely insane!
PNSO you have come a long way, major thumbs up to the PNSO Team, yet Eofauna is new to me but I really love their style, great stuff  8)

Yea this is something else than collecting diecast scale 1:200 Boeing 747's that I did for the past 9 years, yet I still have a Cathay Pacific Airways B747-467, the B-HOY which I have reserved for a special review for my friends at DA.C Forums, this one has Asia's World City Livery from July 01, 2002 to December 01, 2008, which is this one:

But yea More Dinu model posts will be coming from my part big time, they are finally worth adding, PNSO is a lot like JC Wings and Eofauna like Gemini Jets, both are amazing and worth getting due to high accuracy levels..

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 05, 2022, 07:34:27 AMHey avatar_Tylosaurus @Tylosaurus, it is good to see you back!

Yea hell yea man!  8)  Back at last right, it's never too late to return, even though it did take me some time though, I was never was sure if it would be okay for me to return, but I am glad I did make the right move to do so.

Is Chris Kastner still around? I remember him making them life size Dinus in his yard and made it a theme park, I really hope he is doing well, what about probably the best DTF artists Sepp & Himmapaan, I Miss those as well, still oping this club is together like the old days.
And Bokisaurus I remember his detailed reviews, great stuff.

So here my current displays :)

Here on the right above my bed & left above my workstations:

Spoiler
Right:

Left:
[close]

2012 Favorite Kinto Spinosaurus aegyptiacus & 2006 DinoStoreus Dilophosaurus wetherilli

Spoiler
[close]

Here the Orchid Display; no Flowers this time, it's just one of those moments hah, when the flowers return I'll surely make new photos for you guys.

Spoiler

[close]

And my beloved Dino-Riders that II collected from March 22, 1987 til November 22, 2013  8)
May as well add these to the post since I am doing everything, just the base pics though.

Main display:

Spoiler

[close]

More on my Dino-Riders Display can be seen here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=102.msg202235#msg202235

And there you have it really  8)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gwangi

I missed this thread when you first started it but I'm glad to see you collecting again, you picked some solid choices. You've got a nice assortment of things, dinosaur and otherwise. I really dig those retro Godzilla toys, I wouldn't mind collecting some of those myself.

KeU

Congrats on the new additions.
Are you planning to get the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus as well.
It will display really well with the Eofauna Giganotosaurus and PNSO Carcharodontosaurus.
Side question, what is the brand of the green yellow Tyrannosaurus you have in the background of the Kinto Spinosaurus? The one that looked like it had lipstick.
I had it when I was young, took me back when I saw it.

Halichoeres

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Welcome back to the forum, though I think you were gone before I got here. A lovely selection of figures to get back into it too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2022, 01:17:45 PMavatar_KeU @KeU I think that's an Imperial Tyrannosaurus. More on Imperial here: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3592.0
Thanks for the info.
It is great for me to finally close off that loop.
It was my first few dinosaurs, along with the AAA figures.

Tylosaurus

Hey guys many thanks for all the kind replies and yea! I did get the PNSO Acro of courser, Acro Doe!! That is the saying at my Jedi Dinus community so this is also a mascot of my ARK gaming community, even the server is named Ceratosaurus Inn that my fiend from Haarlem owns owns, we have a fun server, every thing Dinus related is heartily welcome  8) 
Also I would love to thank avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur and his awesome crew for helping me get this one shipped safely to me  :)

Mike's store is my favorite Dinu model go to place, and yea  here some nice photo's I made of this scale 1:35 (or 1:37 maybe?) model of this North American therapod!

Acro Doe!!  :)) xD 8)
PNSO Scale 1:35 (1:37?) "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis"

Here the photo's of the box and it's contents:
Spoiler

[close]

Here the PNSO Fergus Acro model it's self , the model can also stand without the mini stand that comes with it, although I do use it because for long term display it's just best to make use of it, just to avoid model sag.
The details are fantastic, my 2003 SonyCybershot DSC-V3 still can produce some very noce photo's thanks to it's Carl Zeiss lens, I used no tripod when making these shots.
Sadly no garden so no outide shots here.
Spoiler

[close]

Here compared to other Acro models I have from the following three:

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus atokensis by YANG Yang 2021
CollectA Acrocanthosaurus atokensis 2015 done by Gregory Wenzel
Battat Terra Acrocanthosaurus atokensis by Dan LoRusso re-release model 2015, base design from 1997

The Battat Terra was still one of the best made  even when the CollectA Delucxe Edition came out, tu by the time that PNSO released their Acro they took the crown big time!
Their Fergus the Acro is possibly their best Theropod to date as well., I am glad I waited so long before buying any of the other Acro options.
However Rebor also did an interest job with their Hercules model, well for it's time anyway.
Spoiler
[close]

And here my top three Carcharodontosaurids side by side a fantastic set all worth getting, even it did take me some time to obtain the PNSO Acro, I am glad I did manage it  :)
They make a fantastic set though, that is what I really have to admit that to be very honest 8)
Spoiler

[close]

Anyways many thanks for the read and enjoy the photo's as always :)

Quote from: KeU on September 10, 2022, 03:46:22 AMCongrats on the new additions.
Are you planning to get the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus as well.
It will display really well with the Eofauna Giganotosaurus and PNSO Carcharodontosaurus.
Side question, what is the brand of the green yellow Tyrannosaurus you have in the background of the Kinto Spinosaurus? The one that looked like it had lipstick.
I had it when I was young, took me back when I saw it.

Hey thanks and yea it looks fantastic with them other two as my photo's show that very well.

As for that Rex aka Reggy, it's my first T.rex toy I had since my birthday in 1986,it was made by Imperial in 1985, that T.rex toy is older than most people I am friended to haha  ;D
his name is EPoX Reggy, a mascot for my main retro gaming PC, the mainboard I use is the EPoX EP-8K7A+ and the love for T.rex is quite big within the x-3dfx community I run and own, so I made a mascot out of my oldest and one of my first T.rex toys, it was the perfect fit  :)
Even though back in the 1980's I gave him the name Little Rex, changed it to EPoX Reggy around 2018 when Is tarted the rebuild for the system he is mascot for  :)

Here some pics of EPoX Reggy with his original EPoX mainboard logo from Taiwan, this was a gift from a friend that was part of the EPoX marketing team back in the day, which was gifted to me back in 2002:

Spoiler

[/soiler]
Well I will be adding a few more Dinus sometime later, still gotta make some space for a few more and that is always the challenge ;D
[close]

Stegotyranno420

Tylosaurus

Halichoeres

Epox Reggy definitely looks like an enthusiastic mascot!

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 02, 2022, 03:48:59 PMEpox Reggy definitely looks like an enthusiastic mascot!
Hey thanks, yea everyone at x-3dfx and at Victor Bart's Retro Machines knows my mascot and hey it's something cool from the 1980's as well, which was a fantastic time for us Dino fans as well as Cartoon & Movie lovers alike  8)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.