You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trivia: JURASSIC PARK III & LORD OF THE RINGS

Started by dragon53, June 28, 2022, 06:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TRIVIA---Sam Neill said he turned a role in THE LORD OF THE RINGS because he was already involved with JURASSIC PARK III, "Interesting, isn't it? There's always conflicts. I was asked to do something good in THE LORD OF THE RINGS, but that conflicted with JURASSIC PARK III. People's careers can often be extremely random. I always just think one's lucky to have a career at all. But there's not a lot you can do to shape your own career, really. It's something that happens very haphazardly."
Earlier, Neill said, "He [Peter Jackson] did offer me a role in LORD OF THE RINGS, but unfortunately I was unable to do it because I had other commitments. I'm very fond of Peter and I'm very keen to work with him. When he makes LORD OF THE RINGS 7, I'm up for it."
When asked which THE LORD OF THE RINGS role he turned down, Neill replied, "No, I couldn't say that, because that would make the person who played it feel like I was a pr*ck."

suspsy

He would have been way better off had he been able to take that part in LOTR. I wonder if it was Theoden or Denethor?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jurassicspirit

Did you enjoy the last Jurassic World movie? I haven't had time to go to the cinema yet.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the planet, but they are alive and well in our imaginations."
– Steve Miller.
https://www.dinosaur-universe.com/
My life will be devoted to dinosaurs.

Gwangi

Sean Connery famously turned down the role of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, only to turn around and do The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on June 29, 2022, 11:53:24 PMSean Connery famously turned down the role of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, only to turn around and do The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Which prompted him to retire from acting altogether. But he always admitted that he didn't understand the character of Gandalf or the script, so he would have been a bad fit. Ian McKellen owned that role.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.