You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trivia: James Bond & JURASSIC PARK

Started by dragon53, August 01, 2022, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Sam Neill auditioned for the James Bond role to replace Roger Moore in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. Co-producer Michael G. Wilson said, "All of us were impressed with Sam Neill, and very much wanted to use him. He'd been very successful as REILLY: ACE OF SPIES. Like a lot of things in life, it was a close race." However, Wilson's step-father, Cubby Broccoli, turned Neill down in favor of Timothy Dalton.
Neill said, "I did that with extreme reluctance. I think that was the last thing I allowed my then agent to bully me into. Because I said to her, 'Listen, I do not want to be James Bond. And I particularly don't want to be that James Bond that everybody says, 'Look, there's James Bond in the corner of the restaurant. He's the one I don't like.' So I turn up to Pinewood, I do this audition, the entire thing was mortifying, and luckily I never heard from them again."
Neill not getting the 007 role may have allowed him to get the role of Dr. Alan Grant in the JURASSIC PARK franchise. Cinemablend writer Mike Reyes wrote, "To think, if Neill had landed the role in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, his tenure as Bond might have extended far enough that it may have cost him that role in the Steven Spielberg blockbuster. Though considering how Sam Neill sees Dr. Alan Grant as a character, mixed with how he didn't want to be James Bond, this could just be another prime example of Chaos Theory at work."

SAM NEILL AUDITION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V15wNflslc

Neill not getting the 007 role may have allowed him to get the role of Dr. Alan Grant in the JURASSIC PARK franchise.