You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trivia: HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, JURASSIC PARK, LORD OF THE RINGS

Started by dragon53, October 13, 2022, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TRIVIA---Sean Connery and Sam Neill starred in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER with Connery playing Capt. Marko Ramius, commander of the Soviet submarine Red October, and Neill playing his second-in-command, Capt. Vasily Borodin.
Connery and Neill almost reunited in JURASSIC PARK where Neill played Dr. Alan Grant and Connery turned down the role of Dr. John Hammond because his salary demand was not met.
Connery and Neill almost reunited again in THE LORD OF THE RINGS when Connery turned down the role of Gandalf and Neill turned down an undisclosed role in which he said, "Interesting, isn't it? There's always conflicts. I was asked to do something good in THE LORD OF THE RINGS, but that conflicted with JURASSIC PARK III."

Sean Connery and Sam Neill starred in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER with Connery playing Capt. Marko Ramius, commander of the Soviet submarine Red October, and Neill playing his second-in-command, Capt. Vasily Borodin.

Connery and Neill almost reunited in JURASSIC PARK where Neill played Dr. Alan Grant and Connery turned down the role of Dr. John Hammond because his salary demand was not met.

Connery and Neill almost reunited again in THE LORD OF THE RINGS when Connery turned down the role of Gandalf and Neill turned down an undisclosed role in which he said, "Interesting, isn't it? There's always conflicts. I was asked to do something good in THE LORD OF THE RINGS, but that conflicted with JURASSIC PARK III."

Justin_

CityRaptor

Apparently he was considered as an option for Gandalf...but yeah, I think he would have been better as someone like Elrond back then. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dragon53

Someone on another forum said Neill was offered the Elrond role.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.