News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fake Blood Gel for Photography?

Started by Lynx, December 14, 2022, 03:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I will be spoilering my main question in case some are sensitive to blood and other things of the sort.

Spoiler
So I've been looking for fake blood gel, as
1. Fake wax blood is harder to use and just doesn't work as well for what I am aiming for
2. Fake liquid blood is runny and doesn't stick, so it's incredibly hard to take a photo with that.
Jam is also an option, but it may stain certain figures and be a pain to clean.

Thus, I am looking for a decent blood gel that others have used. I've mainly been seeing Ben Nye be thrown around, though unsure how suitable it is for dinosaur figures. If any other photographers or video takers of dinosaur figures (and other animals) have any recommendations for fake blood gel, please list so here! I'd greatly appreciate it.

This thread is also meant as a reference for others with a similar question.
[close]
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Personally I would recommend photoshopping the blood onto the figures to be safe. Of course I understand there is a special magic doing it physically, but that is the route I'd go. Of course if memory serves you prefer more durable, "toy-like" figures that arent ruined as easily as more high end figures, so i
I guess these options can be safe to an extent

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 14, 2022, 03:43:50 PMPersonally I would recommend photoshopping the blood onto the figures to be safe. Of course I understand there is a special magic doing it physically, but that is the route I'd go. Of course if memory serves you prefer more durable, "toy-like" figures that arent ruined as easily as more high end figures, so i
I guess these options can be safe to an extent

I don't really have any high-end figures (besides a few PNSOs) so I am not too concerned about it :))
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Does fake blood thicken if you let it dry for a few minutes? That seems like the easiest fix if so.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.