You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Joliezac's New Additions: Nanmu 2.0 Raptors White Queen & Blood Knight!

Started by Joliezac, September 12, 2023, 02:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joliezac

After a long wait, I was so overjoyed to receive these 2 raptors in the mail today! Jurassic Park 3 was my favorite when I was a kid, and the raptors were some of my favorite dinosaurs in the franchise. These are my first figures by Marco and he did a really wonderful job with them.

With my favorite dinosaur, the JP3 Spinosaurus. This is Nanmu's 2.0 supplanter version.

With Papo's raptor

With Safari's raptor

With their box:

I'm really happy with these figures and they were totally worth the wait. My only gripe is that some of the spines on the male you can tell were broken in the printing/copying process and just painted over. Although they are so fragile I will probably end up breaking one or two myself. They were packed very well and made it safely to me in the US.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They look pretty good.  The packaging really sells them though.   I'm still waiting on my Corythosaurus from him.

Mellow Stego

Think I ordered a Stegosaurus from him quite some time ago. Is the wait normal?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Joliezac

Quote from: Mellow Stego on September 12, 2023, 03:39:18 AMThink I ordered a Stegosaurus from him quite some time ago. Is the wait normal?

Yeah. He made some posts on his Instagram and sent some messages via Etsy. I think he is/was temporarily homeless and was having trouble completing orders. So I think he is slowly but surely shipping them out. I ordered my 2 raptors the minute they were released. So maybe I was an earlier order and that's why I have mine sooner than others?

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Joliezac on September 12, 2023, 04:03:00 AM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on September 12, 2023, 03:39:18 AMThink I ordered a Stegosaurus from him quite some time ago. Is the wait normal?

Yeah. He made some posts on his Instagram and sent some messages via Etsy. I think he is/was temporarily homeless and was having trouble completing orders. So I think he is slowly but surely shipping them out. I ordered my 2 raptors the minute they were released. So maybe I was an earlier order and that's why I have mine sooner than others?

Oh wow, that's terrible! I hope things are getting better for him.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Joliezac

Today my Nanmu raptors White Queen & Blood Knight arrived!

Here are photos of them along with some comparisons  :D

I typically don't care much for bases, but this one is done very well. Lots of details and it looks realistic.

The female was always my favorite so I decided to get the summer version. The paintwork is incredible and full of details. The face is stunning.

The male I wish were in a different pose. But nonetheless the paintwork is absolutely stunning. I dearly wish he had quills though.

Then here they are with the Marco Makes raptors. I was so happy that they were pretty much the same size.

Then with Papo's green raptor & Safari's:

And finally with Nanmu's 2.0 Spinosaurus!

Overall, despite the pose and lack of quills from the male, I am overjoyed with these raptors. They're my favorite dinosaurs in JP after the spinosaurus and these are so well done. These look even better in person and I'm always amazed by the quality and details Nanmu puts into their figures. Even though $140 is a lot of money for me to spend on dinosaurs, I think the price is justified. 2 raptors plus 3 bases and including shipping, it seems fair to me.

Also the size of these raptors are:

Female: approx 20 cm long, 9.5 cm tall

Male: 14.5 cm tall, 9 cm wide

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.