News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GEOWORLD Prehistoric mammals

Started by Bokisaurus, January 15, 2015, 07:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

With the rarity of prehistoric mammal toy figures these days, it's been a welcome ( for me, anyway) news that a big collection of prehistoric mammals is being released by Geoworld. Now, as we all know, this particular line is a mix bag when it comes to their dinosaur figures, but the mammals looks promising. I finally got some of these figures, and so far, I like them. Sure, they are are not Safari or CollectA quality, more like AAA or Chinasaur, but they are far better than their dinosaur counterpart from the same series line (Jurassic Hunters).
There are 18 species in this collection, and there are some nice additions to the standard mammoth, woolly rhino, smilodon, glyptodont, and cave bear, that don't get enough representation.
The figures are overpriced for their quality. So, I had to start slow and get those species that I am most excited about first ;)
I would say that if you are a prehistoric mammal fan, then these figures are worth adding to any collection.

Hyaenodon - for some reason it looks more like an Andrewsarchus ^-^ The mane is a new thing
[

With it's predecessors ( Mojo and AAA)
[

Andrewsarchus
[

With it's predecessors ( Bullyland and Playvision)
[

Eobasileus - great to have another figure of this great beast! :D
[

With it's predecessor ( Playvision)
[

Embolotherium
[

Amebelodon
[

With it's predecessor ( Wild Safari)
[

Thylacosmilus - I love this figure, nice to have a larger figure of it.
[

That's it for now, hope to get more from the collection soon, but for now, here they are in group photos, enjoy! :)
[

DC

I like the embolotherium it is much better than the rare Ice Age figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

terrorchicken

I have 3 so far and I can tell you theyre ugly, uuuugly!  :P damn shame b/c they have some nice rare species in this collection. I also think most are just too big for my tastes, they dwarf the other Premammals collections available, makes it look awkward for display.

I have Eobasileus(weird snout-beak)
thylacosmilus (not bad)
and not!hipparion(its toes are wrong)

and yeah that hyenodon does look more like andrewsarchus...and the andrews. looks like the hyenadon from WWPB. I wonder if they got the names mixed up.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.