News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Iron Studios New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, October 04, 2022, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturisoma

All the mini-figures from the Icons line so far. Those up for pre-order should be released in 2023. Brachiosaurus should be up next for pre-order soon! Still thinking if I will get the compy pack since they are so small! ^-^

I wished to have a separate JP dilophosaurus 2.0 with the simple base and without Nedry. Guess I'll just buy the mini Icons one  ::)

blnadal

Prehistory Resurrection

Latest from Iron Studios;

Blade-of-the-Moon

One of the best scenes no doubt. I'm interested but it's still pending approval. Where is Wu? Also all the preorders from IS's Jurassic preorders last year still aren't in stock?

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 30, 2023, 04:49:37 PMOne of the best scenes no doubt. I'm interested but it's still pending approval. Where is Wu? Also all the preorders from IS's Jurassic preorders last year still aren't in stock?
Yes, Wu, along with the lawyer and Malcolm for whatever reason are missing in this scene. Maybe they're side characters, that's why? That's strange, did you try contacting them or something?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on September 30, 2023, 06:54:10 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 30, 2023, 04:49:37 PMOne of the best scenes no doubt. I'm interested but it's still pending approval. Where is Wu? Also all the preorders from IS's Jurassic preorders last year still aren't in stock?
Yes, Wu, along with the lawyer and Malcolm for whatever reason are missing in this scene. Maybe they're side characters, that's why? That's strange, did you try contacting them or something?

Wu and Malcolm are a especially odd to be missing, Gennerao didn't really do anything in it as I recall?

No I just have preorders via BBTS and they keep moving them back.

DerbesSchuhwerk

The sculpt of Laura Dern looks like John Lennon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

IS Lost World Raptor

I'm a bit 50/50 on the TLW Raptor it's smaller, sculpted a bit different and the paint work is a lot lighter.  It's a shame as the prototype was pretty nice. IS is continuing it's trend of doing good enough to get you confident then pulling a quick one.

SenSx

So you received yours.
Mine should not take too long then.

And yes I I've seen a review of it and you picture confirms it, it's not as good as it could be.
It's too thin, and the colors are indeed too pale, especially the stripes and tround the eyes.
It's overpriced as well for what it is, I got the original Iron Studio Velociraptor cheaper and they are much better in every aspect.
IS is disappointing nowdays: smaller scale compare to the satue standard (but ok for raptors), for higher price and usually poor quality control as well.

But it's the only LW Velociraptor on that scale...
I wonder if they'll do JP3 no, gotta be better than this.
Nanmu nailed it, but the scale was much inferior.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on November 19, 2023, 10:19:00 AMSo you received yours.
Mine should not take too long then.

And yes I I've seen a review of it and you picture confirms it, it's not as good as it could be.
It's too thin, and the colors are indeed too pale, especially the stripes and tround the eyes.
It's overpriced as well for what it is, I got the original Iron Studio Velociraptor cheaper and they are much better in every aspect.
IS is disappointing nowdays: smaller scale compare to the satue standard (but ok for raptors), for higher price and usually poor quality control as well.

But it's the only LW Velociraptor on that scale...
I wonder if they'll do JP3 no, gotta be better than this.
Nanmu nailed it, but the scale was much inferior.

Is it actually at that scale? To me it looks smaller than Blue and the original JP raptors not just the width which is pretty apparent when you view it from the front.  I'm debating canceling my Blue/Beta diorama and the Nedry / Dilo one. 

SenSx

Yes the scale is 1/10.
It's just a carries a lot less weigh in the sculpt.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.