News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sinclair Dinosaur Models by Joe Laudati

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, February 01, 2023, 04:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sculpted by Joe Laudati , built, painted, and based work by Chris Kastner   To purchase email :  [email protected] and to see his other work check out http://www.joelaudati.com/

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like how you chose to present them as models on display instead of being in their natural environment. I just got the triceratops but haven't gotten to building it yet. Not sure if I want the tyrannosaurus; I prefer his Field Museum rex, myself. Still, it's great to be able to represent the Sinclair Dinoland models in my collection.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 01, 2023, 04:27:18 AMI like how you chose to present them as models on display instead of being in their natural environment. I just got the triceratops but haven't gotten to building it yet. Not sure if I want the tyrannosaurus; I prefer his Field Museum rex, myself. Still, it's great to be able to represent the Sinclair Dinoland models in my collection.

Thanks I did my best to copy the layout and look of the 1964 World's Fair pics.  The Triceratops is a great kit not too hard to build honestly thats true of all of Joe's kits Ive bought. 

This one? http://www.joelaudati.com/copy-of-dr-lao-loch-ness-sale-page

It was the first one i bought from him, did it in a faux bronze with a patina.

I hope he makes the rest of them, otherwise i'll have to commission them lol

CityRaptor

Oh, these are looking good. Now we need a company to produce them as completed figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2023, 07:43:45 AMOh, these are looking good. Now we need a company to produce them as completed figures.

Joe does offer buildup and paint services I think. I'm sure there are others on here as well that could help with it too.

Gwangi

Beautiful! That Sinclair T. rex is my all time favorite vintage T. rex. I've always wanted a decent figure of it, the Mold-A-Rama one doesn't quite do it justice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 01, 2023, 01:18:27 PMBeautiful! That Sinclair T. rex is my all time favorite vintage T. rex. I've always wanted a decent figure of it, the Mold-A-Rama one doesn't quite do it justice.

While I love the Mold figures they really don't capture the look and detail present in Jonas' work.  I think Joe did a much better job here ;)  He wants to do the Brontosaurus I think next but it will be a BIG piece and he needs to sell a few of these tyrants to make up the cost of it first.  If he goes with a smaller one, I think the Trachodon or Stegosaurus would work?

Over9K

I need to jump on these.

The Sinclair/Jonas T.rex at the Boston Museum of Science was my first life-size dinosaur, and I would visit it annually, at least. I wanted a figure/statue of it so bad, I actually commissioned an amateur artist to sculpt me one.

I also need the Trike. When I was a little kid in the late '70s, we took a family vacation to the Smithsonian, which featured 'Uncle Beasley', a Sinclair/Jonas Triceratops placed outside the Natural History Museum. At the time, you could walk right up to the Trike and climb on it. My sister got quite stuck, behind the frill, which became a huge thing, and the National Park Rangers, and DCFD took a little while to get her unstuck. To this day, she hates Triceratops, which I find hilarious. Definitely need one of those... complete with little girl stuck behind the frill.  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol now that's a headline, " Tricertaops attacks kid! First time in 65 Million years! "

I think I commented on your custom piece before, but it's a fantastic version..almost scary in a way.

Pliosaurking

I don't really have any model kits, but I may have to eventually get the Trike. It looks beautiful!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on February 15, 2023, 04:01:46 AMI don't really have any model kits, but I may have to eventually get the Trike. It looks beautiful!

It's a fantastic piece, the only think better would a 1:1 replica.  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.