News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

tristan the t rex and spinosaurus

Started by dyno77, December 31, 2022, 07:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyno77

There was an report years back that tristan the rex was a sub adult...this report isnt around anymore but iv seen tristan on display a while back and its no larger than stan the t rex...either its a small adult or it really isn't fully grown...any links to the publication of Tristan as i cant locate it...

Another website forum stated that every spinosaurus currently known was not fully grown,even the largest specimen was still a sub adult ...how true is this?

Stegotyranno420

If memory serves, the original Spinosaurus holotype discovered by Stromer was destroyed by the British during the Wars with Germany was said to be an adult, and is likely the source of the unstable claims of 18 metre Spinosaurus. But they are unstable, since all that remains are detailed drawings of the specimen.
The new Spinosaurus material found by Ibrahim is said to be a subadult. So given what we have we have placed Spinosaurus at about 15 metres in length.
I will revise and update this if I find something else useful

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.