You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ptwo Pterosaurs Pbooks--Coming Soon

Started by ZoPteryx, December 19, 2012, 12:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

tyrantqueen

I have both of them on my wishlist. A pterosaur version of the PTG would be dream come true....now we just need one for marine reptiles.

deanm

As one of the resident pterosaur fanatics - I have already pre-ordered both from Amazon. I am looking forward to both of them.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: deanm on December 19, 2012, 02:40:36 AM
As one of the resident pterosaur fanatics - I have already pre-ordered both from Amazon. I am looking forward to both of them.

So you'll probably get them before any of us!  Be sure to let us know what you think of them! ;)

Jetoar

I like the draws. Nyctosaurus is cool  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2012, 12:38:17 AM
A pterosaur version of the PTG would be dream come true....now we just need one for marine reptiles.

I second that!!

Why isn't there a hardcover version of the second book ::)?

Himmapaan

You might recall my mentioning the Mark Witton book a little while ago, Zopteryx. :)

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 19, 2012, 10:24:47 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2012, 12:38:17 AM
A pterosaur version of the PTG would be dream come true....now we just need one for marine reptiles.

I second that!!

Why isn't there a hardcover version of the second book ::)?

I expect this is probably a self-published book, too. :)

And I agree, I'd love such a book for marine reptiles as well.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 19, 2012, 05:05:45 PM
You might recall my mentioning the Mark Witton book a little while ago, Zopteryx. :)

I do recall. ;)

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 19, 2012, 05:05:45 PM
And I agree, I'd love such a book for marine reptiles as well.

I agree as well, although it might be difficult to include all marine reptiles as that's not a natural grouping like dinosaurs or pterosaurs.  A guide to sauropterygians gives you a lot, but then your excluding ichthyosaurs, mosasaurs, and a few others.

You know what else would be awesome, a guide to prehistoric crurotarsi.  Just think of all the ancient bizarre crocs and croc-like critters it would include! ^-^

Gryphoceratops

Pterosaur books by Mark Witton should be really good. 

deanm

I had a short e-mail conversation with Mark Witton a few months ago.

I cannot provide spoilers or inside details - I did not ask for any (on purpose), my inquiry was solely about when the book would be released.

Very pleasant correspondence. I eagerly await the release.