News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, November 09, 2022, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Quote from: crazy8wizard on November 26, 2023, 10:26:56 PMThe Mosasaurus and Kronosaurus are lacking some marine reptile specific accuracies like smooth skin, but they're not insultingly bad like the Protoceratops and Concavenator

They may not be perfect, but I love them!

Faelrin

As much as the Papo Concavenator is a bit on the eh side, they did get a thing right (or so). Was watching the newest Skeleton Crew video on the JWE2 newest DLC pack, and they mentioned it does, rather shockingly, have the correct hump placement at about the 49:25 mark. Thought I would share this little bit.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

dragon53

Prehistory Resurrection

The most liked offering from Papo for 2023; the Kronosaurus has got a lot of attention lately so that's a welcome change of air. Have quite mixed feelings about this one. It definitely looks better than in the promotional picture.  Not on the same level as their great Styracosaurus or Pachyrhinosaurus and not even close to their stunning Pentaceratops but it looks decent... The detailing I must say is recognizable of Papo. I really like the colouration too. However, the head definitely looks too small in proportion to the body.  The body looks too rotund and elephantine. And the last two digits of the front limbs are not clawless. As for the pose, when watching the comparison side by side, I've noticed that it's almost the same as their Triceratops', except that the head is raised and as a result, pressed against the body and the mouth is open.

SidB

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on December 03, 2023, 03:25:01 PMThe most liked offering from Papo for 2023; the Kronosaurus has got a lot of attention lately so that's a welcome change of air. Have quite mixed feelings about this one. It definitely looks better than in the promotional picture.  Not on the same level as their great Styracosaurus or Pachyrhinosaurus and not even close to their stunning Pentaceratops but it looks decent... The detailing I must say is recognizable of Papo. I really like the colouration too. However, the head definitely looks too small in proportion to the body.  The body looks too rotund and elephantine. And the last two digits of the front limbs are not clawless. As for the pose, when watching the comparison side by side, I've noticed that it's almost the same as their Triceratops', except that the head is raised and as a result, pressed against the body and the mouth is open.
It constantly amazes me how Papo squanders much of it's considerable potential and capacities by seemingly being indifferent to feedback or even doing serious research. Such a shame. We've been so spoiled by HLG, which is the exact opposite, except for it's equally fine high production values.

Carnoking

I can't remember the last time I opened up a Papo figure in the mail. Given that Papo was the company that first got me into collecting prehistoric figures, ot was almost a nostalgic feeling getting this Kronosaurus. Really takes me back to the days where Papo releases were something of an event to me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a great piece, I do wish they weren't so few and far between anymore though.

SlurmpSaurus

Hi! Does someone know the scale this Kronosaurus fits in? It looks awesome and Im tempted to get it, but I have no reference for the size :-\

crazy8wizard

I've been eyeing this figure for a while and the shorter torso is making me think that this could be the perfect stand-in for Megalneusaurus in my collection.

Sim

Quote from: SlurmpSaurus on May 03, 2024, 08:24:24 PMHi! Does someone know the scale this Kronosaurus fits in? It looks awesome and Im tempted to get it, but I have no reference for the size :-\
The size of the Papo Kronosaurus and size comparisons can be seen in the video below:

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.