News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MONARCH: Legacy of Monsters (AppleTV+ Original)

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 21, 2022, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

Episode 8 was very good. And a welcome return to form after a string of disappointments. Who would've thought that human characters can carry a monster show when they're actually likeable?

My favorite moment was the talk between Cate and Shaw over their meeting with Godzilla. We've known that Legendary Godzilla has human level intelligence from outside sources but it was nice to see some characters in universe finally touch on it. "He's not a mindless destructive force. He knows what he's doing." Looking into Goji's eyes seems to have an affect on people, it changes their perspective. When Brody looked at him he went from fearing Godzilla to understanding him. And when Mark looked him in the eyes he went from hating Godzilla to respecting him (a little bit atleast). You are looking into the soul of a being millions of years older than you after all.

(My favorite scene from 2014 btw)
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Brocc21

I thought episode 10 was awesome. ALL of the characters landed and Goji's fight with the Ion Dragon was crazy even if a little short. It didn't quite feel like a true finale though, which makes pray they have a second season in the works. I don't think it was quite good enough to make up for all the detractors from the rest of the season. But now that all the episodes are out I can watch them all and really collect my thoughts on the series.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

dragon53

MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS---showrunner Chris Black commented on a possible Season 2, "We do not have a Season 2 order. This show has done very well, so we're optimistic and excited. We feel we have more story to tell."
He commented on timelines, "I think we really like the idea of running parallel timelines. I think it worked as a conceit in the first [season], and Monarch, as we said, has a long history, there are other eras to explore.
If Monarch runs from the late-1940s to the present day, what was it like in the '60s, '70s, '80s...? As a mechanism to tell the history of Monarch and the Randa family within it, I personally enjoyed it. I would love, if we are given the opportunity, to exploit it more. I thought it was fun."
Black discussed possible monsters for a Season 2, "Moving into a potential second season, there are a lot of other great [monsters]. There's Kong, there's Rodan, Mothra.... And Toho has a deep bench, too, of lesser-known characters – Ebirah, Biollante, Hedorah.... It could be any of these characters."

dragon53

MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS---co-star Anna Sawai commented on a possible Season 2, "I talk to Kiersey [Clemons] and Ren [Watabe] all the time, and we still don't know! I'm asking the same question to the producers and the showrunner, Chris Black, and so I would like to know if you find out."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Typical streamer..waiting til the last minute.

dragon53

TRIVIA---in the Apple TV+ miniseries MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS, Kurt Russell played Army Colonel Lee Shaw, co-founder of Monarch, and his son, Wyatt, played Lieutenant Shaw two generations earlier. In the 1998 movie SOLDIER, orphaned boys are trained to be super soldiers, and Wyatt played an 11 year-old version of adult super soldier Todd 3465, played by Kurt.

In the Apple TV+ miniseries MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS, Kurt Russell played Army Colonel Lee Shaw, co-founder of Monarch, and his son, Wyatt, played Lieutenant Shaw two generations earlier.

In the 1998 movie SOLDIER, orphaned boys are trained to be super soldiers, and Wyatt played an 11 year-old version of adult super soldier Todd 3465, played by Kurt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cenozoic Fauna

Mokele mbembes official design hinted at in a mural painting in a monarch:legacy of monsters trailer called what you need to know on YouTube, it also shows other Titans from 2019 Godzilla and new ones.
This official look at mokele mbembe is distinct from the novel version which was more of a grootslang like Titan, this new Look at mokele mbembe has no trunk, kaprosuchus like tusks, and a mini sail.
The design looks epic, the carnivorous sauropod Titan 🗿🦕
Here's the trailer on YouTube
It shows mokele mbembe at 0:45 in the video, also the other Titans as well.

GojiraGuy1954

Nyrorosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dynomikegojira

Exciting to see the Monsterverse continue after GxK I figured they wait until after it came out the they would renew Monarch which enjoyed particularly the first 2 episodes now the spin offs is surprising to me. While we're at Apple give me Prehistoric Planet 3 and come up with various spinoffs for that as well.

Flaffy

I'm wondering if AppleTV was waiting to see if GxK was a financial success before committing to a second season of Monarch.

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Flaffy on April 12, 2024, 03:33:49 AMI'm wondering if AppleTV was waiting to see if GxK was a financial success before committing to a second season of Monarch.

Pretty much

GojiraGuy1954

Blade-of-the-Moon

APEX is coming I'm sure either in Monarch or it's own series.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.