News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

3D printed human scale figures

Started by Bread, August 05, 2023, 04:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Hello, as many of you, I like to have mini scale human models to compare or stand with amongst my prehistoric models.

I am primarily a ~1/35 scale collector and not too often do I come across human figures to scale with said models.

I have some of the Nanmu 1/35 characters but they're not to my "satisfaction"

For example, I think it would be neat to have say a 1/35 scale David Attenborough print, would be really neat in my opinion amongst the prehistoric models for scale.

Does anyone know of any good sets or prints of humans at 1/35 scale?

This could also be used to share any scale humans. Typically I assume most of these will be 3D printed models as to why I put it under kits.

Thank you.

postsaurischian

I'd recommend Kaiyodo's Artpla zoo figures. Each set comes wirh different human scale figures. They're all in 1:35.
 Plus: You get nice modern animals for scale, too. I have the Elephant and the Giraffe set. Very nice figures.
 Here are the first six sets that have been released so far:

Quiversaurus

I found this soldier on Aliexpress, removed his holster (wouldn't want him shooting any dinosaurs), and painted him a more civilian colour. 1:35 scale!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32484418460.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.3aeaf19cJ1Rp29

Sample images:

edu

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 05, 2023, 08:08:19 AMI'd recommend Kaiyodo's Artpla zoo figures.

I hadn't seen these! They are really cool. Where can i get them?

postsaurischian

Quote from: edu on August 05, 2023, 07:18:22 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 05, 2023, 08:08:19 AMI'd recommend Kaiyodo's Artpla zoo figures.

I hadn't seen these! They are really cool. Where can i get them?

I bought mine here: https://www.hlj.com/search/?Word=kaiyodo%20artpla

I have just seen that they're getting discontinued. Elephant and Rhino sets are the first ones.
Others are on backorder and the Dinosaur set is the only one available at the moment.

One should mention that these figures come as unpainted kits (see below) but they're very easy to assemble.
Unfortunately Japanese shipping quotes are pretty high these days (at least to Europe), but I wanted the figures, especially the 1:35 Elephant :) .

Bread

Thank you all for showing these human scale figures.

Seems like the Tyrannosaurus set is more ideal one to go for, since the others are on backorder or discontinued.

I've tried to use shapeways to find 1:35 human scale figures but come with no luck. Maybe I am just searching incorrectly?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.