News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Collecta Koolasuchus opinions?

Started by andrewsaurus rex, May 30, 2023, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

I like the size, the sculpt is pretty decent but having seen pics of the real figure, the paint job is a let down.  The pre pro had a nice subtle medium green colouration but the actual figure is a dark emerald green with a few yellowish spots....however pictures can be deceiving..

ceratopsian

Mine arrived today, A @andrewsaurus rex.  I can vouch for it.  The paint scheme is pretty sophisticated for CollectA and completely satisfactory in my eyes.  I will say it would be difficult to photograph well, as it has a slightly glossy quality which I think is intended to suggest amphibian skin (but which I don't find overdone).  It has a dark brownish tinge in the middle of the top of the skull and down the spine, leading nicely into the tail, the upper "fin" of which is a soft brown.  The rest of the body is green - certainly not what I'd call dark emerald.  Within the green there is quite a bit of variation, getting paler down the lower sides to blend pretty seamlessly into the pale sandy/yellowish belly.  Even the lime green spots are subtle.  I find the overall effect very natural.  Of course, this is only my personal opinion, you might feel differently!

andrewsaurus rex

that's great thanks.  I was thinking of repainting mine when it gets here but sounds like I won't need to.   :)

ceratopsian

I've had quite a few CollectA/Safari models painted over the years but this is definitely not a candidate for a repaint in my eyes.

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on May 31, 2023, 04:50:06 PMthat's great thanks.  I was thinking of repainting mine when it gets here but sounds like I won't need to.   :)

andrewsaurus rex

My Koolasuchus  came today......fun figure.   :)   Need a 1/20 Colllecta  Mastodonosaurus figure next.   

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.