You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is the Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus rare?

Started by Brontozaurus, July 20, 2023, 08:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

As the thread title says: is the Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus rare? I never saw it at retail here in Australia, unlike every other figure in the Terra collection, and it's nowhere to be seen online(even eBay). Did it just get an extremely limited release or something?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

SidB

Quote from: Brontozaurus on July 20, 2023, 08:11:14 AMAs the thread title says: is the Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus rare? I never saw it at retail here in Australia, unlike every other figure in the Terra collection, and it's nowhere to be seen online(even eBay). Did it just get an extremely limited release or something?
Wasn't it the first of the new releases back in 2015-6 to go out of production?

Skorpio V.

It could be a case of it not being sought after. I think some people could find flaws in its lack of feathering and horizontal posture as a therizinosaur, but that wouldn't entirely explain its radio silence. 

I bought my own Nanshiungosaurus and a solid amount of the revival Battats amid the Canadian Target shutdowns in the spring of 2015 since their mass discounts coincided with my birthday! Proportionally, it's a stellar example of a therizinosaur. Battats, especially the new sculpts, excel most in general bauplan and proportioning which, in my opinion, more than make up for the simple wrinkles and lines in place of detailed scale work that we're used to in this era nearly a decade after their releases. This one's mine, who I've had to emergency superglue a leg back onto as it separated at the seam after a nasty throw onto hardwood :)) The memories...

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Halichoeres

I would say it is the rarest Battat figure, not counting foot variants of the original theropods. But when I have seen it sell, it hasn't gone for exorbitant prices. I agree with Skorpio V. that it is a really excellent therizinosaur figure, but probably has lower demand because of the lack of feathers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.