You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BBC Walking with Dinosaurs toy figures

Started by pikamano, January 15, 2023, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikamano

Hello.
I found in a box in the attic a set of 4 BBC Walking with Dinosaurs toy figures offered in 2000 by a fast food chain in France. The set is complete, in good condition and all the elements are present :
Liopleurodon
Tyrannosaurus
Diplodocus
Rhamphorhynchus

I would like to know if anyone would be interested or have an idea of the value. Many thanks for your answers.

DinoToyForum

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

BlueKrono

These are very rare, perhaps even more so than the larger WWD toys. I paid a pretty penny for mine 10 years ago. They came with boxes like a base with terrain, and when you opened it there was a fossil from that dinosaur inside.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Duna

Quote from: pikamano on January 15, 2023, 02:21:25 PMHello.
I found in a box in the attic a set of 4 BBC Walking with Dinosaurs toy figures offered in 2000 by a fast food chain in France. The set is complete, in good condition and all the elements are present :
Liopleurodon
Tyrannosaurus
Diplodocus
Rhamphorhynchus

I would like to know if anyone would be interested or have an idea of the value. Many thanks for your answers.
Yes, that complete set (with everything: the figure, the display terrain, the fossil inside and the cardboard) is pretty rare. With yours, I know only 6 in the collector world. I had 2 complete sets of them :) but I sold one. I even had some bagged, which is even more rare.
You can check them here: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=378.msg304749#msg304749

The value of them is only what someone wants to pay for, literally. It could range anything between 40 to 100$.

pikamano

Thank you very much for your quick and accurate answers!
This is exactly the collection identified by you. I am impressed !

ceratopsian

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.