You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Smallest basilosaurid found- Tutcetus rayanensis

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 19, 2023, 07:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Link to article: https://phys.org/news/2023-08-unveiling-tale-tutcetus-pharaoh-whales.html
How crazy; the biggest basilosaurid; Perucetus has been found recently and now the smallest!

Papi-Anon

Nice. Only 2.5m/8.2ft long, though as a sub-adult I wonder if Tut was fully-grown for its kind? At that size a figurine of it would be great to have, since archaeoceti are criminally under-represented in toy form despite how much we know about their evolution.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.