News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Bird Field Guide

Started by ZoPteryx, December 15, 2012, 03:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

I just heard about this and I'm so excited!!! :o

http://dinogoss.blogspot.com/2012/11/coming-soon-field-guide-to-mesozoic.html

And it just came out on the 8th! :)

dinohunter000

Yep I picked up the digital version a couple days ago.  Skimmed it quickly, excellent excellent illustrations of feathered dinosaurs.  Very believable!
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

Jetoar

I like it . This is a great idea  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Fluffysaurus

I am very curious about the book. Could you show us some pictures please?
I am very interested in the book only i dont have a clue where to get it since Amazon doesnt use paypal.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

postsaurischian

:o Wow, thanks :)!
Immediately ordered one.

ZoPteryx

Just got the book and I really like it!  ;D  Like dinohunter000 said, the illustrtaions are excellent and definitely look more like living animals, ie: more like living avian creatures rather than a dinosaur with feathers attached.  The info is very good too, overall I highly recommend this book! ^-^

paleoferroequine

Just got mine today.  Haven't had time to really look at it, but looks good so far.  Wish there was more info on how much of each specimen are known.

Yutyrannus

I just ordered one, and bought the Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs. :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

ZoPteryx

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 27, 2012, 05:13:26 AM
Just got mine today.  Haven't had time to really look at it, but looks good so far.  Wish there was more info on how much of each specimen are known.

I agree, skeletals would have been nice.  Although there is more info in the text about what's truely known than I originally thought.

ZoPteryx

Just finished the book and I'm very impressed!  Really helps to unravel the different groups of Mesozoic birds which I always found rather confusing.  If I had any complaints it'd be that the editing was rather poor in some areas (it is a self-published book though) and I wish the excluded species had been given some text rather than just a list.

All in all, I'd still highly recommend it! :)