News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Arioch paleoart

Started by Arioch, March 16, 2012, 01:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: ajax on December 13, 2012, 10:44:23 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread for so long, Great work, I like your drawing style and colour splashes you use on head crests/frills etc. I may have missed this along the line but what do you draw and colour with? pencil/Ink ?

I think he does a lot of the coloring on the computer!

ajax

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on December 13, 2012, 11:55:38 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread for so long, Great work, I like your drawing style and colour splashes you use on head crests/frills etc. I may have missed this along the line but what do you draw and colour with? pencil/Ink ?

I think he does a lot of the coloring on the computer!

I thought that may have been the case, Makes my pencil coloured drawings look like krap.  :'(

Arioch

Glad you like it guys. I think the Concavenator & Peleca is the one that came better out of all these so no wonde you like it the most. And Gryph, you're right about the backgrounds, too bad I still can't draw a complex landscape to save my life.

Thanks! I paint my stuff with Photoshop CS5 and a tablet, but I usually make the preliminar sketch with a normal pencil and then scan it. Old habits die hard, I guess.  :P

I also have plenty of WIPs and sketchy stuff around, for example..

A Velociraptor:

Utahraptor and Cedarosaurus silliness:

How to eat a Triceratops, by chef T. Rex:

Adasaurus (probably one of those that will never see the light):

And now pure pencil sketches...

Utahraptor, Mei Long and Baryonyx:

Enthusiastic Deinonychus scavenging a tenontosaur:

Hmm, probably too many for a single post...

Gryphoceratops

Balaur

All of those are awesome! My favourite though is the Adasaurus and the Conavenator/Pelecanimimus chase!  ;)

Arioch

Thanks both! :)

Here's a scene Ive been working on this weekend. A Kosmoceratops and a Talos (plus some generic enantiornithes) minding their own business while the sun sets in Laramidia.

Arioch

A new collab work:Achillobator giganticus. Lineart provided by deviant paleoartist pilsator, that I had the pleasure to paint.

Patrx

Nicely done! I like the details in the feet, very realistic.

Arioch

Thanks! this is the original fantastic lineart for all its worth: http://pilsator.deviantart.com/art/See-My-Chariot-Run-To-Your-Ships-341972852

A couple of sketchy Tyrannosauroids for a future scale chart...Daspletosaurus and Tarbosaurus:

And azdarchid  scavenging Velociraptor:

Arioch

Happy New Year from the Hell Creek fauna!  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.