News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best 1/30/1/35 Pteranodon figure?

Started by JimoAi, August 25, 2024, 03:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Am looking for a 1/30 ISH Pteranodon figure that fits for an AVG um specimen or a very large 7.5m specimen. Species doesn't matter but it has to have pycnofibres on the top and bottom, minimum shrinkwrapping, skull must be at least somewhat accurate

Elengassen

I have the old Schleich Replicasaurus Pteranodon. It's about 1:30 (I think), and it doesn't have pycnofibres but is otherwise a pretty good figure.
I think the Favorite Pteranodon (both old and new versions) are about the same size as the Schleich. I'm not sure whether they have pycnofibres.
There's also the old Collecta standard size version, which I think is around 1:40 and might have some hair texturing.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

DinoFan2010

I recommend the 2019 Safari Ltd. Pteranodon.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

crazy8wizard

Elengassen

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 26, 2024, 05:25:06 PMSafari's isn't 1:30-1:35 though

I think it could pass as 1:25 for a very large specimen.

Elengassen

Correction to my previous post: I took a closer look at my Schleich Pteranodon and it does have some hair texturing on the top and bottom. It also has quite a visible outline of its back vertebrae though, so I'm not sure it meets your standard regarding shrink-wrapping.

danmalcolm

Quote from: Elengassen on August 26, 2024, 05:41:16 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 26, 2024, 05:25:06 PMSafari's isn't 1:30-1:35 though

I think it could pass as 1:25 for a very large specimen.

It's tremendously large tbh, it's more like 1:15, 1:20 at the absolute most. The torso is like azhdarchid sized at 1:30.

Elengassen

Quote from: danmalcolm =msg=378265 date=1724793353It's tremendously large tbh, it's more like 1:15, 1:20 at the absolute most. The torso is like azhdarchid sized at 1:30.

You're probably right about that. I thought I recalled someone saying it was 1:22 maximum, so I imagined it could stretch to 1:25 for an exceptionally big individual. When I measured it myself, though, I also got 1:15-1:20.

blnadal

I was looking for a Pteranodon like you and I found a 3D designer that is making some figures for me
I'm pretty happy with the results:

He is also making Raptors and Bumpy:

JimoAi

Quote from: blnadal on August 28, 2024, 03:27:35 PMI was looking for a Pteranodon like you and I found a 3D designer that is making some figures for me

I'm looking for a scientifically accurate Pteranodon...

DinoFan2010

Quote from: blnadal on August 28, 2024, 03:27:35 PMI was looking for a Pteranodon like you and I found a 3D designer that is making some figures for me

Who are these from? I love that first raptor!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

blnadal

They are from Os Estecas, a brazilian artist:
https://www.instagram.com/osestecas/

We thought together the poses for the figures and he is also making a Dominion Parasaurolophus
I will make a thread for his work

cryolophosaurus

I think if you don't mind how delicate resin models are, the Nikola Roglic (dino and dog) model might be what you're looking for. You can get them in a diorama set for a hefty price or you can get any of the standing ones alone for around 20USD depending on where you look. Just make sure they are set to your desired scale, in this case 1:35.

Here's an example of one I painted for fun in the hesperonis diorama based on the safari ltd Pteranodon.

Halichoeres

The Kaiyodo Dinotales Pteranodon is about 1:35, surprisingly. The CapsuleQ versions are smaller, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JimoAi

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2024, 01:34:11 PMThe Kaiyodo Dinotales Pteranodon is about 1:35, surprisingly. The CapsuleQ versions are smaller, though.
what's the wingspan of it?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.