News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trilobites & other sea creatures

Started by Ammonites, November 25, 2012, 04:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammonites

As some of you are aware, I'm working on a Trilobite Aquarium and have another one planned in the future, as well as some other marine-type displays.  I'd like to know if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction for some decent deals on these.  I recently found a picture of a variant for the Dinotales S1 Psychopage, does anyone know where I can get this one?

Currently I'm looking for Trilobites, but ammonites and other sea creatures would be in the near future.  Many thanks for anyone who can assist me in this, as well as those who have already helped out.

SBell

Quote from: Ammonites on November 25, 2012, 04:03:46 AM
As some of you are aware, I'm working on a Trilobite Aquarium and have another one planned in the future, as well as some other marine-type displays.  I'd like to know if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction for some decent deals on these.  I recently found a picture of a variant for the Dinotales S1 Psychopage, does anyone know where I can get this one?

Currently I'm looking for Trilobites, but ammonites and other sea creatures would be in the near future.  Many thanks for anyone who can assist me in this, as well as those who have already helped out.

Ebay. That's about it. There are 2 colour options (the other, lighter one is usually cheaper). Oddly, I don't think there are any normally-available ammonites out there from the Palaeozoic at all; and Cretaceous ammonites (they all are) are quite different from the earliest forms. There are the Dinotales Rayonnoceras (Carboniferous) and Yowies 'Cameroceras' (Ordovician) though--but they will not be in good scale. Both can be found on ebay, especially the Rayono.

Yutyrannus

Just a suggestion, if you are doing this kind of diorama from that time period you should add a conodont. As for trilobites, I would try the Safari 2013 toob trilobite. Other than that only the ones you already have.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

sauroid

just curious, are you referring to these two variants?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on November 25, 2012, 06:09:49 AM
just curious, are you referring to these two variants?

Yup. Series 1 was released twice (the second as S1v2) with different paint schemes, and in some cases the models were put together differently.  They are generally harder to find.

Ammonites

Thanks for the info about the Safari 2013 Toob.  Just took a look and it seems really interesting.

Too bad about the Ammonites being all Cretaceous, but if I can find some other smaller critters to put in and make it accurate it should work out.

And yes, those are the variants of the Psychopyge.  I'd never seen the striped one before and thought it would be great to add to my current aquarium.  Say its sexual dimorphism or something with that species.

Ammonites

Does anyone know how to possibly get ahold of the Prehistoric Panorama series by Dino Horizons?  I managed to get two from "Earliest Life" but there's a trilobite in that set I want (go figure) as well as others that seem really nice.

*EDIT*
Just tried calling the place where I got my two figures and it said the number didn't work so I'm out of luck there...

SBell

Quote from: Ammonites on November 28, 2012, 11:48:25 PM
Does anyone know how to possibly get ahold of the Prehistoric Panorama series by Dino Horizons?  I managed to get two from "Earliest Life" but there's a trilobite in that set I want (go figure) as well as others that seem really nice.

*EDIT*
Just tried calling the place where I got my two figures and it said the number didn't work so I'm out of luck there...

They were carried by Tedco, but about 4 years ago they were discontinued. Sadly, they are incredibly hard to come across now (production had ceased a year before they were officially discontinued).  And if you do find them, they will often be quite expensive. And that's a big IF, since they only occasionally show up even on Ebay (and a lot of people are looking for them, except the dinosaurs because those pretty much all suck).

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 25, 2012, 05:21:25 AM
Just a suggestion, if you are doing this kind of diorama from that time period you should add a conodont. As for trilobites, I would try the Safari 2013 toob trilobite. Other than that only the ones you already have.
There are actually 2 trilobites included in the set.Id watch out because I'm betting they're gonna be tiny.They sell bullyland trilobites too.

deanm

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 01:36:06 AM
Quote from: Ammonites on November 28, 2012, 11:48:25 PM

*EDIT*

They were carried by Tedco, but about 4 years ago they were discontinued. Sadly, they are incredibly hard to come across now (production had ceased a year before they were officially discontinued).  And if you do find them, they will often be quite expensive. And that's a big IF, since they only occasionally show up even on Ebay (and a lot of people are looking for them, except the dinosaurs because those pretty much all suck).

As I get more into Burgess Shale and associated time period fauna I now regret not buying the earliest life set at the same time I bought my Pterosaur set (again about 4 years ago when they were available - granted very limited availability...). Aside from seeing the odd single figure of the set on fee-bay for extravagant $...