News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help with my toy

Started by Ar, February 26, 2024, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ar

How to i fix a loose joint in my camp cretaceous jurassic world spinasorous toy neck .The neck doesn't stay up. Please help me

EmperorDinobot

I noticed that a lot of them are like that. I got mine used, but it holds up ok. I'd try separating the joints, but have no idea how to do that. I'll ask around.

Ar

Halichoeres

I have used clear nail polish to tighten joints in action figures. I would just dip the tip of a toothpick in the bottle, and dab it into the joint. It creates some mass and friction, which makes the joint less wobbly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ar

there is almost no space between the neck and the joint, so will it work. i am pretty nervous about damaging it or something more terrible

Faelrin

Honestly I appreciate this question being raised. My Legacy Spinosaurus is having the same problem, likely because the head is so top heavy.

Alternatively one could use a stand of some kind, but it wouldn't fix the problem per se, though would provide it some support.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you'll be able to fix yours as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

If it's a tight fit you could try dabbing some polish on the corner of a piece of paper and slide that in? I don't have this figure, so I'm not sure. Is it a ball joint? If so, I don't think you can do anything, since I think Mattel's ball joints are not made to be removable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

EmperorDinobot

Luckily the CC Spino isn't rare.

Ar

Quote from: Faelrin on February 26, 2024, 11:14:13 PMHonestly I appreciate this question being raised. My Legacy Spinosaurus is having the same problem, likely because the head is so top heavy.

Alternatively one could use a stand of some kind, but it wouldn't fix the problem per se, though would provide it some support.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you'll be able to fix yours as well.
thanks but i also play with them, despite my age, so i wouldn't just keep it on a shelf

Ar

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2024, 05:00:47 AMIf it's a tight fit you could try dabbing some polish on the corner of a piece of paper and slide that in? I don't have this figure, so I'm not sure. Is it a ball joint? If so, I don't think you can do anything, since I think Mattel's ball joints are not made to be removable.
i will try however i am not confident that it will do the job. there is very little gap so i will try with your way and yes its a ball joint

Ar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 27, 2024, 08:32:25 AMLuckily the CC Spino isn't rare.

sadly i live in saudi arabia where these toys aren't available at stores and online ones are pretty expensive. i got this when i asked my aunt to bring one when she was coming from uk to saudi arabia.

Ar

BTW can i use superglue instead of nail polish?

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Ar on February 27, 2024, 11:44:32 AMBTW can i use superglue instead of nail polish?

I wouldn't recommend it. The risk of messing up is far too high and you're likely to just glue the neck in place, unless you take the figure fully apart or move the joint until it is fully dry. If you don't have access to nail polish, you can also use a floor finish.

thomasw100

Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 27, 2024, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: Ar on February 27, 2024, 11:44:32 AMBTW can i use superglue instead of nail polish?

I wouldn't recommend it. The risk of messing up is far too high and you're likely to just glue the neck in place, unless you take the figure fully apart or move the joint until it is fully dry. If you don't have access to nail polish, you can also use a floor finish.

How about trying to put some blue tack into the joint? This can be removed any time and will not damage any part. This would be the first thing I would try.

Ar

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 27, 2024, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: PumperKrickel on February 27, 2024, 03:27:24 PM

How about trying to put some blue tack into the joint? This can be removed any time and will not damage any part. This would be the first thing I would try.
i can but i want it permanently fixed

Ar

which coloured nail polish should i use and how much should i apply since the neck is heavy

Halichoeres

I have only used clear (colorless) nail polish, but I have also only used it on hinge and pivot joints. For a ball joint it shouldn't matter. The bigger problem is getting it on the ball itself, which is necessary for it to have any effect. Some action figures, it's easy to pop off the head, but from what I've seen of Mattel ball joints I doubt it will be possible. I'm happy to be proven wrong on that.

Ar

i will try applying it at the point where the neck and head are joined, hopefully that will work

Halichoeres

Well, if it goes poorly, nail polish isn't too difficult to scrape off. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

Ar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: