News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikea Jättelik dinosaur set

Started by grantharding, January 22, 2024, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grantharding

My daughter got the Ikea Jättelik dinosaur set for Christmas. It's a playset that you assemble out of several two-dimensional pieces, with multiple levels, a river, and a volcano.

It comes with a few two-dimensional dinosaurs, but we've discovered that it works great with her extant animal figures (from Britain's and some other companies). The play value is fantastic.

Crackington

Nice playset and glad your daughter is enjoying it. My eldest is 21 today, but it doesn't seem five minutes ago she was re-arranging the mammoths in my colection cabinet (I'm getting teary eyed!).

Is that a Safari Australapithicus and baby having a quiet snooze at the base?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Crackington on January 22, 2024, 06:09:03 PMNice playset and glad your daughter is enjoying it. My eldest is 21 today, but it doesn't seem five minutes ago she was re-arranging the mammoths in my colection cabinet (I'm getting teary eyed!).

Is that a Safari Australapithicus and baby having a quiet snooze at the base?

I see the male through the tunnel.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Man, that looks fun - makes me wish I had the time and space to play like that again myself!

Honestly it looks like a fun way to display items, too, albeit not in the most space-efficient manner.

grantharding

Yep, that's the female and male Australopithecus -- or Lucy and Desi, as I call them.

Edited to add: My daughter has decided that since the male Australopithecus is naked, he must be having a bath, and the nondescript object he's holding is a bar of soap.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.