News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Proboscideans in the same scale

Started by The Zoo Boy, April 15, 2021, 03:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: SidB on September 25, 2023, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Ankyloranodon on September 25, 2023, 06:03:08 PMI'm always going to be stuck slightly annoyed that the Eofauna steppe mammoth is at 1:40 when all the other proboscideans they've done are 1:35 (similar issue with some of their dinos not matching up but currently don't own those). Cool thread to see, curious which other companies' extinct entries hold up to the 1/35 scale in similar standards to Eofauna's figures!
Me too, avatar_Ankyloranodon @Ankyloranodon , it's a bit of a thorn in the flesh for me too. BTW, please check out my collections thread from earlier in 2023, I believe, and you'll see my collection of 1/30 to 1/35 scale proboscidians, also the 1/40 scale ones, as well as the 1/20 group, which occurs later in the thread, more recently.
@Ankyloradon, this may be useful:

SidB

One more addition, a newer Safari bull African Bush Elephant. This one shows a marked improvement in integument and skull size over the old 1998 one with its 1/24  head on a 1/32 body ( a common practice back in the day). Now I just need to see Eofauna's hoped for 2023 proboscidian release, the main reason that I acquired all of these extant elephants for comparison purposes (past, present and future).

It joins the herd of extant elephants acquired this year -

SidB

Yet more additions to my herd, this time two more Safaris, but really old ones, 2003. You can see how far Safari has come since 2003, the original release dates of this African mom and baby pair -

Mom in particular looks like she's suffering from a case of elephantiasis (no joke intended).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.